Reject Tube & Coinstar Finds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Hellofthenorth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

Yeah...I will get some blank ones and put stuff like 1796 penny or 1843 quarter. JK.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

A pair of 1 Yuan coins from China, 2005 and 2011 (slightly larger and thicker than quarters):
    coin1yuan.jpg
    SPECIFICATIONS
    Composition:
    Nickel Plated Steel

Weight: 6.1000g

Diameter: 24.9mm

DESIGN
    Obverse:
    Denomination, date below

Reverse: Chrysanthemum

Reverse Legend: ZHONGGUA RENMIN YINHANG

Edge Description: RMB" three times, separated by diamonds

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

After stumbling upon this post about a month ago, I googled all of the Coinstar locations in my small town and found 5 locations, so started making a habit of checking the reject slot any time I was near one. On my first visit, I got 2 quarters, 3 dimes, and a dime from Trinidad and Tobago. On subsequent visits I've found a few pennies and dimes, but nothing to write home about. The photo of the Trinidad dime is taken laying on top of a Roosevelt dime to give you an idea of its size. It is copper-nickel. Trinidad & Tobago dine.jpg Trinidad & Tobago dine reverse.jpg Trinidad & Tobago dime edge.jpg

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

hmm, I think you flipped the photo.

Or it is a very rare error

Heavymetal and NOS like this.
  6. John T.

John T. Active Member

Yes, I listened and checked the tray - Silver! Only a dime, but that's a buck!!!

7. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Great find John T.!

8. NumisNinja

NumisNinja Active Member

First time I ever checked the reject tray on a coinstar yesterday. I happened to walk by and look down at it and to my amazement it was full! I got a fistfull of all US clad coins. Only about a $1.50 total with a few copper pennies and a beat up 41d Jefferson which were the best coins. But still, it was fun to feel like I scored.

9. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

At work, someone must've paid for a copy or 3D print or something, because when i got into work this morning i found 30 cents on the desk, the quarter being a 1964. Haven't seen a silver quarter in a while!

Edit:This was meant for the roll searchers thread but I'll leave it here as it sorta fits.

10. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Great Find! It is amazing what some people will leave in the tray.

11. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I don't have the luck that others seem to have either, but I think that part of the reason is that I live in an economically distressed area. Lots of people coming into the Walmart closest to me check the reject slot on the Coinstar machine AND the coin return slots of all the vending machines in the area too. In fact, I get more change out of the vending machines than the Coinstar when I'm lucky. I haven't found a silver coin in any Coinstar near me in almost three months now.

12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm using a new microscope and haven't figured out how to flip the photos yet.

13. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

One euro cent in a coinstar.

14. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Considering how dry it has been here for a while, this was a monsoon.
    monsoon.png

15. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Been dry for a long time but found 3 dimes & 10 cents in the WalMart Coinstar today, all modern. Oh, and a watch battery. :)

16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Walked by the Walmart Coinstar on the way in, nothing. On the way out, three cents -- two Zincolns and a 1970-D. I left them for the next person.

Didn't even have any half-dollars to feed to the self-checkouts. Sort of a wasted trip, except for the part about buying merchandise.

17. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Got a 1957 dime the other day. I checked the tube before i dumped- nothing
    Checked it after i dumped 15 in cents... a silver dime... I wonder what else has been stuck up there.

18. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The 2 wheaties were nice.
    CS61118.JPG cswheat.png

calishield likes this.
  19. jensenbay

2 cdn quarters
    1 cdn nickle
    1 10 euro cent in a coinstar.

20. jensenbay

us quarter, dime and 3 cents; cdn quarter, dime and cent; 1 united arab emirates coin in a coinstar.

21. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

2-cent Euro at Ralphs

Draft saved Draft deleted