Regrets

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by NPCoin, Jun 29, 2008.

1. NPCoin

NPCoin Resident Imbecile

At the end of last year, I had sold my collection of just under 10,000 world coins from over 100 countries with less than 20% duplicates. I sold the coins to make way for a more focused birth year collection.

As the wife and I were going through some family photos of the kids on the computer, I came across an old archive of some of my world coins. Although not the most expensive coin in the entire collection, there was probably one coin out of the whole bunch that I regret selling.

It was the finest example of a Royal Canadian Mint coin I have ever seen. There were no detractions or problems with the coin. It was the 1999 Macau 100 Patacas commemorative proof. I had tried to sell it a number of times throughout the time I had owned it, without success and for relatively cheap. When I sold it with the rest of the collection, I didn't really think much of it.

But after seeing the photos again after just months of no longer owning it, I truly regret ever selling this coin. A close second regret is selling my 1964 Olympic commemorative Japanese 1000 Yen.

Anyone else have regrets of selling any coins from your collection?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Just regrets for not buying when I should...... and not knowing you a year ago!!! ;)

Nice coin though. I assume that it is silver, but is that a gold inner circle. Neat.

Draft saved Draft deleted