Registry frustration

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mpcusa, Sep 24, 2016.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Iam going to post this thread in both sections coin and currency so that both sections
    Can read it, basically a currency collector with both PCGS and PMG and do allot of cross
    Overs and notice, these registries are not updated, for instance had a Series 681 25 Cent note that was originally in a 68EPQ holder at PMG which had a population of 1 and
    still has a pop of one even though it is now in a PCGS holder is it unrealistic for all TPG,S
    To keep these as accurate as possible, is there some kind of data base they can all use
    to keep things current ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

IMO, registries were started to promote more income to the grading service and since they only encourage submissions, "hits" to look, and do not produce revenue on their own; the maintenance they require is low priority. Eventually they are updated. Send the company an Email noting what should be changed. That MAY help more than a post here.;)

TIF, Paul M. and Endeavor like this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If my memory serves me correctly, Dena Skeffington takes care of problems with the NGC Registry and the Census. Her username is "Dena".

Chris

cc to: @Insider

Insider likes this.
  5. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I am dizzy after reading the OP.

And yes, registries look like something that was perfectly engineered by a business model.

jj00 and Dave M like this.
  6. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Grading services don't keep track of successful crossovers to other grading services. Why should they? If there's an obvious problem somewhere and you have the proof to get it corrected, contact the grading service with the error and they'll fix it.

The problem you describe is much more of a nuisance with coins, since currency has serial numbers (assuming MPCs do as well) and coins don't.

Paul M. likes this.
  7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Accuracy is the issue here, and yes it is business driven however if its not
    Kept up to date whats the point :(

8. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

The only point is for you to want to be in their registry so they make money off of you. That's it. They don't care about collectors past the point of being paid to grade coins and put fancy labels on them.

Remember the ANA show with the gold Kennedy's?

mlov43 and Paul M. like this.
  9. cpm9ball

That's a crock! Know what you're talking about before you start spouting off. There is no stipulation that you must submit coins to NGC or PCGS for grading to be eligible for their Registries. You can just as easily buy the coins already graded on the retail market.

By the way, fancy labels have nothing to do with earning points within the Registry. Get your facts straight.

Chris

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Right Chris. I've registry's for Bookers and Carvers at PCGS and I don't submit a lick of coins. The hunt for the finest is more fun........

11. josh's coins

What you're saying I already know. nonetheless it is a form of marketing that pcgs and ngc use.

12. cpm9ball

It may be a form of marketing, but nothing like you said. Why don't you just admit that you made a mistake.

Chris

13. josh's coins

I don't see why you're trying to argue with me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Stop trying to create Drama.

Insider likes this.
  14. cpm9ball

I'm arguing with you because you're wrong but not man enough to admit it.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted