Registering for Auction houses

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Romancollector, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Romancollector

Romancollector Well-Known Member

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knows about registration for auction houses. I've only ever bid on coins through Heritage, but I would like to also bid through CNG and Bertolami. However, I noticed for the latter two that dealer/auction house references are required to get an account. I'm a little confused as to what this means. Do I need dealers/auction houses (which is currently just Heritage) to submit proof of my purchases or that I am a client? I believe Bertolami requires 3 auction houses which may be a problem for me (I only have 2, if I include my recent purchase at Stacks-Bowers store in NYC, which was not from their auctions).

Your help is appreciated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

No, you just tell them which dealers you have purchased from in the past. Other auction houses are nice, but if you have simply purchased coins from a retail dealer, you may use them as references.

You don't have to submit proof; you simply have to say these are the dealers I've done business with.

Sulla80 and Stevearino like this.
  4. Romancollector

Romancollector Well-Known Member

Stevearino and Roman Collector like this.
  5. Nvb

Nvb Well-Known Member

Not much more to add here.
    Any dealer you have bought through will suffice as a reference..
    With the amount of quality coins passing through the top auction houses, registering is just a fact of life and you won't regret it..

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted