Red insert NGC

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wcoins, Jan 16, 2016.

1. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

It will look nice in the NGC Red & Gold display boxes ;)

NGC_Red_n_Gold Boxes.JPG

micbraun likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kapimono

Kapimono Active Member

Maybe I'm boring, but I like the standard white inserts. I hate the black "Retro" and definitely don't like the red.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

I admire the transparent NCS holders (kind of like PCGS holders), but wish they weren't selected to identify coins in details holders. Oh, well. In other holder matters, NGC's new insert design seems better than before with more available space for adding designations and descriptions, plus a cleaner, easier to read type face, imo.

5. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

OK, now my eyes are bleeding. :)

Cascade and Kapimono like this.
  6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

You know aside from the Chinese flag part of it (if we are talking standard issue) I actually do like the Red more than the white they generally use which IMO is the worst color possible.

7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

8. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

All that box is missing is a hammer and sickle :yack:

Is it just me or does it seem like ngc as of late is trying to be just like it's big brother. Bridging the gap rather than trying it's best to differentiate themselves

micbraun and TJ1952 like this.
  9. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Is that a Deep Commieo?

micbraun likes this.
  10. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

No. Don't like the royal blue inserts either. I'm an NGC fan, but don't like this at all.

11. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Another way of looking at it is maybe NGC is waiting to see PCGS' play, and reacting to counter whatever it rather than move proactively. Don't forget, NGC is the larger company and is all the same more nimble because they're not publicly held. I'm a lot more bullish about NGC's future than PCGS'.

JPeace$ and Cascade like this.
  12. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

13. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

99-00-003025_4_.jpg rwb_slab_cores_zpsuj0knk35.jpg
    Red, white and blue inserts are now available.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Now that puts a whole new perspective on the red... Go America!

Still don't like em too much. Those labels look like a 24hr cable news station screenshot... way too busy!

Makes pcgs look way more classy now though :)

15. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I was told by NUMEROUS people at the NYINC show that slabbing is a uniquely American "fetish" that nearly no other country engages in at anywhere near our rate. One guy next to me at the Stacks-Bowers auction noted, "most of these coins were slabbed just for this sale, and the majority will be coming right back out of them, if the winning bidders are from overseas".

krispy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted