Red Book via Kindle

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by grade176, Jan 14, 2012.

1. grade176

grade176 New Member

Do you think it is a good idea to pay $9 dollars for the redbook for the kindle.:):):)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

4. grade176

grade176 New Member

Alright i think i might buy and download it.

5. Iskae

Iskae New Member

While I am a huge fan of Kindles and use mine religiously, I think in this instance I would stick with the print copy. While most of the novels I read are ebook, I find that reference materials/textbooks are much more user friendly in print, as they are easier to skim and flip back and forth.

6. grade176

grade176 New Member

i mean like if i were to go to a flea market and pull out a red book at a coin stall i dont want to look like im trying to find out if the dudes prices are crazy or not so i think if i have it on the kindle they will be less suspicous

7. Iskae

Iskae New Member

Because randomly whipping out a kindle while looking at coins is completely normal? =P

8. grade176

grade176 New Member

I have a thing called a walk by a stand and i glipsme at a few coins then memorize them

9. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

I might have to get one myself. Use an old printed one and one online. :)

10. Danr

Danr Numismatist

they should update it for free

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Maybe not a Kindle, but tablet computers are becoming more and more common. They can hold your Redbook, wantlist, inventory, references, notes etc all in a one pound 6X8 inch device. I don't have one yet but I am currently working on getting all of my references set up to be able to import into one so I can stop hauling around a suitcase on wheels with all my references at shows. I mean I can put the entire five volumes of the Krause standard catalog in it and a lot more. That's over ten thousand pages of material.

I don't see much use for a Kindle because all it is is a reader, but a tablet can do everything it can and a whole lot more.

12. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

i have all the KP publications world coins catalog on my smart phone, and hard drive / arcos pad. but ya know all this takes batteries the coolest thing is you can put stickky notes and stuff without marking pages.. look name a title i prolly got it.. i also have the cherry picker guide in print also, you need to have a decent library if you want to be a collector

13. Ktomlinson

Ktomlinson New Member

My wife has a kindle, but I just use the kindle app on my iPhone and iPad. Since the account is the same on my phone and my ipad the books I buy are sent to both. Having the red book on my iPhone is a great tool, and I don't mind pulling it out when I am in a store or at a flea market booth.

14. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Check out the Kindle fire- it pretty much does everything and is only $200

Draft saved Draft deleted