Recent teletrade rip

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Marauderrt10, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Marauderrt10

Marauderrt10 Toners rule******

Exactly, everyone qualifies a rip at their own budget. Ive ripped plenty of toners off that site before. Some that ive made $4-500 on said and done.

The coin is not exposed to "intense" light like baha is speaking about, I am using 3 natural daylight bulbs which is what the coin looks like if you go outside and look at it. Teletrade I believe uses a scanner which shows absolutely no debth of color which looks "flat" great place to rip nice toners on there!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

I also agree that TT probably uses a scanner to process the enormous amount of images they have to prepare for auctions and it just kills them.

4. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Still a nice coin!

5. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

+1

6. krispy

krispy krispy

I don't think that was ever in doubt.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Me neither. Much respected member. No need to juice stuff just to get attention. Never questioned the pics.....

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Perhaps shooting high resolution full HD video will become the next best or future way we will have available in order to share coin images and to better see luster and color.

Can't imagine why on earth TT would kill the beauty of a coin that looks like the one in the OP if it really looks that dynamic in hand as eye appeal should have driven the price of this thing beyond a 'rip', especially with the attention toners get and the special designation TT gives "rainbow toned" listings. My point is they and their consignors stand to earn much more money from such sales if such monster toned coins are marketed (imaged) better than the dead looking scan we see above. Pair that with someone who understands the nature of controlling image contrast, color saturation and other similar aspects and you can begin to see why one questions the image results between TT's images to that of the OPs coin and why it's hard to know if that's just a raw image or adjusted image file.

9. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

I may need to qualify my usage of the word 'intense'. IMO, direct sunlight is intense light as would be 3 daylight lamps, and as would be the usage of flash photography.
    Ambient normal light is just normal ol' lighting in a room. My usage of intense should not be taken to mean focused laser light that burns through concrete ; )
    I also do not think TT uses scanners to image thier coins, nor does heritage,,,, in fact, I would think the use of a digital camera to image coins would be faster and more efficient than the use of a scanner. If you look at at the posted TT pics you can see the light source south of the obv picture and north of the reverse image in the reflection of the holder. A scanner would not produce this type of isolated light reflection.

10. EyeEatWheaties

EyeEatWheaties Cent Hoarder

minimum wage non english speaking production line churning out product?

11. krispy

krispy krispy

You can do better than stereotype can't you?

12. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

From what I see, it wouldn't quality as a rip in my book.. not near it.,, but that said, I would say you had a good chance of make a bit of $ if you put that puppy on the 'bay with that picture..... 2x would have been a rip in my book, but I define 'rip' as near the top of my deal scorecard, right above "stupid great deal" and right under "stole it". :devil:

13. EyeEatWheaties

EyeEatWheaties Cent Hoarder

Sure! i stand corrected. :) minimum wage, non english speaking, female, production line churning out product.

notice the coin dealers assuring that quality images are taken of this huge row of slabs?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted