Recent NGC submission

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by zpalmer, Mar 17, 2015.

1. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

Congrats on a great score and doing the grading right! I like their system much better than the newer ones' I've had more than one piece be pristine on the reverse and not as appealing on the obverse and vv.....

okbustchaser likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zpalmer

zpalmer Member

Thanks, I agree, I have an 1881s Morgan with a photo grade of ms63/67, and the reverse is stunning, but it makes me think it would grade ms64 today and that is a shame.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Great deal.

Congrats

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Looks like everything pretty much crossed at par, except the proof dime. Congrats on that one!

6. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

Do you know when this policy stopped? Did it continue into the very early slab period (with the blue label/ana hologram on the reverse)? When did it stop?

I'm sorry to bombard you with questions, but it might have some actual meaning in a coin that I am looking at.

7. zpalmer

zpalmer Member

I belive ANACS changed their grading formats before the went to slabs, during the last generation of photo certificate, in order to compete with PCGS. I have seen the blue ANA slabs with pr64 and pr63 grades.

8. Coinchemistry 2012

Thank you!

9. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I was able to pick up this older Barber Half. Its toned dark but she looks great under that tone.

IMG_0475.jpg IMG_0474.jpg IMG_0480.jpg IMG_0479.jpg

10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

11. Coinchemistry 2012

It is hard to tell from the images, but you might very well be correct.

12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

13. zpalmer

zpalmer Member

Does the Barber have a photo certificate to go with it?

14. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

Nice turn over. Im sending an 1 older ANACS next month. So I hope to get a increase if im lucky.

chris

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

ANACS used the obv/rev grading starting when they began grading coins in 1980. At first with just the grades 60 and 65 then after April of 1980 they added 63 and 67. The other MS grades were not added until April 1987 and they continued using the obv/rev grading system until they began using slabs in late 1989.

16. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

Draft saved Draft deleted