Recent find at gas station

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Corn Man, Jan 15, 2020.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Perspective-wise, the horse's head should be way bigger as well. The image sort of gives the impression he's doing a pony ride at a carnival.

Neal and Corn Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Surprised they even accepted it as money.
    A nice commemorative for face value, and silver to boot.

4. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Yeah I talk to the cashiers all the time, the manager said people have brought ike dollars and silver halves before. Its because people in my area do not care at all about collecting coins because my towns population is mostly younger and when they inherit collections they spend them. Ive found so much stuff at banks and at places like wallmart and such. The chase bank in my area takes aside old bills to send them to be shredded down in new orleans. Thats how ive found silver certificates red seals and pre 1950s 20s 50s and 100s. Also alot of silver!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Mainebill and ripple like this.
  5. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Hey you’re lucky. I’m surrounded by old Yankees that’s been saving every silver coin since 1964. They all got drawers full but they’re not in circulation unless some out of towner shows up

6. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Yeah the older generation down here is dieing or is so desperate for cash they dont care anymore i average 1 to 5 silvers a week my records 60 at a coin star

Collecting Nut likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Don't move!

Draft saved Draft deleted