Recent ANACS Submission...So So on the results

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Nycmacman, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

So I recently submitted a few coins to ANACS, which usually is for the lower end coins, or coins I need authenticated quick. Needless to say I'm not so keen on the results this time. Ill let you guys be the judge.

1921 Peace dollar High relief AU58, In my opinion its a 53
    1884 cc Morgan GSA Ms65 It may just be on the cusp of a 65 i was thinking 64
    1889 Morgan ms65 i think this one is somewhat accurate, the reverse is flawless
    1878 Cameo PL ms62, Ms62 seems about right, dont necessary know why its cameo instead of just proof like but hey no skin off my back.
    Lastly is the big boy 1855 O Gold dollar AU53, (hard to photograph) this one in my opinion should have reached a au55 but im unsure.

What are all of your opinions?
    image4 (34).jpeg
    image4 (34).jpeg image5 (26).jpeg image2 (40).jpeg image9 (9).jpeg image3 (36).jpeg image8 (14).jpeg image6 (24).jpeg image7 (19).jpeg image1 (42).jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

You are not keen on the results? Only one graded SLIGHTLY lower than you hoped, the rest did slightly better, or the same. Seems spot on to me.

dwhiz likes this.
  4. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

In meaning not so keen, I meant more along the lines that I was unsure if they were completely accurate.

When looking at pcgs photograde for each series the peace definitely looks lower and the 1885 o au53 I think is more of an au55. I'm not disappointed or anything, just thought some were a little lower grades and wanted to see others opinions

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You would not have received the grade you did from ANACS if you had submitted them to PCGS or NGC. Be happy with what they came back.

6. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Yea, thats what I figured honestly. I just was surprised at the very large difference between the two grading services.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I thought they were generous on the gold.

Others seem spot on

8. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

To be honest, I think ANACS has been grading my coins stricter than NGC lately. I even had a few come back lower grades at anacs that were previously NGC.

chromerunner likes this.
  9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

21's (Peace) are notoriously flat in their appearance. I think that's what might be throwing you off a bit.

10. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

That could possibly be why, I just thought there would be more definition in the hair to make it a 58

It honestly seems hit or miss all over the board, only issue is I would like to have them graded in order to maximize value and it seems pcgs has the highest sale price point.

Not that I sell much, but thats a totally other issue hahah

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

PVGS and NGC will realize more for resale but then you'll pay more for grading them.

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Heck, lower mint state coins (21's) look mooshy in the hair.

Draft saved Draft deleted