Recent Addition To Collection

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Old Error Guy, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Old Error Guy

Old Error Guy Well-Known Member

I've been doing this so long that I rarely can afford to make any additions or upgrades to my collection. (This is why my recent emphasis has been on 20th Century Varieties).

Anyway, I've been wanting one of these for a while, but everyone I saw had a problem - priced too high - condition - etc. Although I'm not crazy about ANACS for several reasons, this one met my criteria.

Just thought I would share here.

OEG

s-l1600.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

how much was this ? curious ?

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I was going to ask you to show the other side :rolleyes:.. what a mule!

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

6. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

It is only my perverse sense of humor which makes me want to believe somebody actually brain-faded two reverse dies into the press. :)

In the real world, it's more likely a deliberately "assisted" error, which doesn't diminish the substantial Coolness Factor.

7. Old Error Guy

Your thoughts here have merit.

I will say, though, that if there was ever going to be an accidental, 2 reverse coin, the early days of the Euro might be it.

There was the large output gearing up for the initial release and multiple countries using the same reverse. Always a possibility.

8. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

What would you estimate to be the population of these extant? I'd think a greater number might be more indicative of an inadvertent error.

9. Old Error Guy

I'm guessing - and it is a guess - 75 - 100. Jon Sullivan said he has sold about 30 over the years. These things are, unfortunately, frequently more common than one might think.

Draft saved Draft deleted