Rebuilding my Collection and I'm so happy.

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by AdamsCollection, Nov 25, 2019.

1. AdamsCollection

AdamsCollection Well-Known Member

Just put in order in for a ton of new coins! :) :)

Can't wait to share what I got, had to sell off 90% of my collection recently and I'm very excited to be rebuilding. Focused on old US coins, then ancients, then US now ancient coins again!

Got some really cheap "unidentified" coins, bought a lot of 4 Ancient Greek coins and was able to identify all 4 before bidding, won the lot for 6$ and think I made off pretty well!

Got a couple curiosities, some fused ptolemic zeus coins from Egypt, some uncleaned ancients romans too.

Snagged myself a really sharp and nice Philip I Silver coin, a really attractive Hadrian and another unidentified silver roman coin for 5$ which I think is a gordian?

On top of that I got my secret Santa their gift! for Io Saturnalia!!!!! It is an awesome #### and I would really love to keep it for myself haha I know they will love it!

Ahhhh I feel like a kid on Christmas! Any of you guys have any upcoming items your awaiting the arrival of?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I would suggest you practice taking pictures of your coins so you can post them here an ask for help as needed.

4. AdamsCollection

AdamsCollection Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have yet to receive them haha. I will be taking pictures once I get them!

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looking forward to it!

thejewk likes this.
  6. thejewk

thejewk Well-Known Member

Sounds exciting, make sure to post some pictures when they arrive.

I have nothing in the post, but I do have a nice as or dupondius of Marcus Aurelius as Caesar in a drawer somewhere waiting for my birthday in a few weeks. It's a stunner, and I can't wait to get my hands on it for a little bit of show and tell.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  7. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

I'm waiting to participate in my next auction. Until then I'm browsing the fixed-price lists on M-A shops and Vcoins. Looking for more Roman Egypt examples. I have completed the adoptive emperors (technically Nerva through Commodus I guess) in drachms and tets of Alexandria, an interesting side effort to my standard Imperial issue collection.

ma-shops and AdamsCollection like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted