Realistically speaking...are my penny days of CRH over?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by shawmutt, Sep 15, 2018.

1. shawmutt

shawmutt Member

I know, I just started, but with $55 I filled my album from 1959-2007 P and D. I gave up on the hoarding/selling copper. How likely am I to find these S coins to fill the holes mocking me? Pre-1940s wheaties? 1943s? Should I just move on to nickels at this point?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

You can fill up a good number of the holes in your albums, but it will take patience.

If you don't have any patience left, move on to nickels. Maybe you can come back to cents at a later date.

spirityoda likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I am on the east coast and have managed to fill every hole with the exception of the semi-key and key dates. Honestly, I will probably never find those.

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Start on the nickels. Fun to collect. Lots of old ones still circulating.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  6. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I really enjoy searching nickels. Halves are my favorite, but nickels are probably a close second (besides large dollar coins, but those are few and far between).

7. littlehugger

littlehugger Active Member

There are many dealers on Ebay where you can buy whole decades of S-Mint Lincolns, semi keys, and common date oldies.
    You can find the key dates too.
    After cents, nickels are your best bet. You can just search them, and throw them back for copper value that your grand kids can cash in on.

8. Ikw

Ikw Wild penny hunter

IV found semi key dates several times I’ve also found a few key dates aswell. And there are still a lot of old pennies still knocking around circulation. Keep at it!

Draft saved Draft deleted