Real or fake? Help needed on 2013 Maple Leaf.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by NorthKorea, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

:eggface::facepalm: Looks like the person who sold it knew what it was.

Sorry for all the additional :yack::yack::yack:

GET THAT THING OFF TO CW AND NN NOW. Once it is published/ documented I'll guarantee one of the other three services will slab it as a pre-release conference gift. The press will drool all over themselves to feature it on the front page. If you are out of the country, ask them to hold it for you until you return or ship it to a friend. IMO, ICG or ANACS will give you what you wish and inexpensive one week service. Once slabbed, stick it on Ebay for $300 start. If it sells, you got a watch for free and money to buy many more when they are released. If you do nothing before September/October, that will only be a chunk of silver bullion NO DIFFERENT than the others. Just saying...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Thanks...Guess I got some typing practice.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Or just go on ebay and buy one for the 20 something dollars they sell for.

There were far to many wild guesses in this thread.

5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I don't know, Sam... this fella has now advertised that business in every thread he's posted to. I didn't think much of it until he took the completely unnecessary opportunity to inject his rave reviews in this one as well. I certainly could be wrong, and perhaps he's just an over eager customer, but it just seems a little too convenient.

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

"Bumping" you? And no one had been "posting daily", or posting at all to this thread for over two years until you revived it, sir. The post directly above yours was from 2/4/2014, but the great majority from October/November 2013. Perhaps you didn't realize this, but all threads and individual posts within are dated.

As for your offer, sir; perhaps you should rethink your wording, or better yet your position. A "pure gold coin for $100".... think about it. In the future you may want to better qualify your statements. Again, even if price may be indicative, there are no absolutes and is why focusing on what the item itself can tell you is the wiser and more intelligent approach. I promise you there are always exceptions to your "price rule", and can personally vouch for this fact over a period dating from today to before you were born.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Hey, NK:

Did you ever get it slabbed?

8. Insider

How does a thread from 2013 get posted as new and revisited? I thought the guy had something really special and wasted time trying to help him.

I'm getting quite an education reading old posts. I guess I can go back in the CT archives and pull threads I disagree with too.

9. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

No. After I was told that I had to get the COA from the RCM, that ended it, as I had to go to Asia for a couple months. By the time I got back in Jan 2014, even the "First Strike" period had ended.

Irony of life, I had a "one of XX" prototype coin that no TPG would grade, but once it became just another one of million, they're happy to grade it. ;)

At least there will always be this thread to "prove" that I had the coin before it was released.

10. Insider

Lots of folks don't even think about "price" when posting so they would not even be inclined to divulge the price paid as it has nothing to do with the post. However, IMO, it is OK to ask (in a nice way as the member here did) and leave it up to the owner to tell or not.

Oh no...:facepalm: sucked into this old thread again!

11. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

12. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Draft saved Draft deleted