Re-punched mint mark?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Lil Ms 420 Cajun Coins, Apr 13, 2021.

1. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about this 2007 P Roosevelt dime I think it could be a re-punched mint mark I would like some help on this please thank you CM210413-190235002.jpg CM210412-203719001.jpg CM210413-190234001.jpg

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Best Answer
    It can't be a Repunched Mint Mark because the proccess of adding the Mint Mark to the Die by hand ended in 1989.

4. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Pics are too grainy for me? But being machine punched if anything a cud? But not in my wheel house either

Mountain Man likes this.
  5. I know they are very grainy but I can't get any better pics till I get a better camera thanks for the feedback

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Best Answer
    It can't be a Repunched Mint Mark because the proccess of adding the Mint Mark to the Die by hand ended in 1989.

7. Thank you so very much for the info. it is more likely a cud then

8. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Actually, they would be referred to as die chips.

9. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

@Lil Ms 420 Cajun Coins Welcome to Coin Talk. A cud is a die break that involves the rim and a part of the field or design. See error-ref.com for more info.

10. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It is die deterioration, the same type of doubling appears also on the date.

11. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I do not see a cud on the rim and paddyman is correct, no re-punch! Welcome to CT and good luck.

1stSgt22 likes this.
  12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. Get in, sit down, and hold on tight. LOL

1stSgt22 likes this.
  13. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Welcome to CT!! What are you using to take the pictures? Do you have a smart phone? There are threads on here about taking photos. Do a search using the keywords "taking photographs" and see what your can find. Search Forums is near the top of the page! It may help!

14. needs more MEGAPIXELS

Draft saved Draft deleted