RE: Listen Up!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Numisnewbiest, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Let's see some pics.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

No I will not be baited into breaking any rule... nice try.
    Troll with a water pistol

4. Kentucky

Post some pictures instead of doing this, I am only an indifferent ancients collector and I really enjoy seeing what other people have...except maybe @panzerman because i envy him too much... :)

DonnaML likes this.
  5. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

IMG_20200705_194915634.jpg IMG_20200705_194938739.jpg

lordmarcovan, DonnaML and Kentucky like this.
  6. Kentucky

7. atcarroll

Some, yeah. I gotta go to work tomorrow though, so any more pics will have to wait

8. Kentucky

Stay safe!

atcarroll likes this.
  9. atcarroll

I will, you too.

Kentucky likes this.
  10. Restitutor

Restitutor Well-Known Member

The ‘report’ and ‘ignore’ buttons have been quite useful in this thread. I hope the moderators start handing out some permanent bans on accounts.

Andres2 likes this.
  11. Kentucky

I don't.

12. Clavdivs

Wouldn't mind seeing some sticky notes with his coin pics.....

Kentucky likes this.
  13. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

Just for general information:

I am still a member of Coin Talk - I do not know what happened with my profile.

I was born (28 August 1929) and raised in northern Britain (Lancashire/Yorkshire). A month after I was born the Stock Market crashed and the Great Depression began - it wasn’t my fault! :)

I went through WWII in Britain - after the war I came to the USA (in 1950) and joined the United States Air Force in December of that year after the Korean War broke out.

I served for twenty two years - Korean War and Vietnam War Veteran - and retired as a Chief Master Sergeant (E9).

I am married to a great girl from Ohio who is a tad younger than me.

I am a United States citizen and claim four children, seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren, all of whom are US citizens. (can’t count these days!).

Ancient coins are my main love now - I like to collect them, fondle them, write about them and post on Coin Talk which I think is a wonderful Forum populated by (mostly) great people. I am trying to live out the rest of my life peacefully and in harmony with my fellow human beings. I do not like turmoil, strife and people who are inconsiderate of, or are unkind to, others. I ignore nasty comments proffered by others - that is easy to do at my age.

…………… and thank you @Clavdivs.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Nathan P, frankjg, Andres2 and 30 others like this.
  14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I realize some people like conflict when they feel they won't get hurt by it, but this constant exchange is becoming irksome to say the least. I know some of you are the 'original group' to come here from another forum where character clashed. Some of you I converse and some I have purchased from and I do use the forum to look at nice coins and so on. But even though the 2 most prolific spammers/trolls (who have either converted or stop posting ) in the time I have been a moderator , came with that group, I never blamed the group as a whole. On this forum, you, me, or any other member is not exempt from the rules, no matter their age, sex, country,quantity or quality of their coins or importance within the collecting area. We certainly do not want you to leave. You are not exempt , I am not exempt. Thanks, IMO, Jim

Kentucky, Restitutor and Orfew like this.
  15. Magnus Maximus

Magnus Maximus Dulce et Decorum est....

@jamesicus
    That's an awesome life story.
    I know it's cliche, but I(and many others here) really do thank you for your service to the nation.

TIF, Nathan B., PlanoSteve and 5 others like this.
  16. Clavdivs

That was completely my pleasure Sir.

Restitutor likes this.
  17. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what productive purpose is being served by the continuation of this thread, except affording some people further opportunities to be unpleasant. Everyone including the moderators -- except for the original culprit -- has expressed their feelings and made their points, multiple times. Perhaps it's time for the thread to be closed.

18. Numisnewbiest

Numisnewbiest Well-Known Member

My reason for starting this thread was exactly that: a chance to discuss something that had been shut off from discussion, when obviously there was much to be said. I agree with you that it's probably served that purpose as much as it's going to, and rather than continuing to devolve into anything else it can be closed (however that happens).

Nathan B., jamesicus and DonnaML like this.
  19. octavius

octavius Well-Known Member

Away for a day , and I seem to have wandered into a civil war! I hope this ends soon. From what I've seen over my time with this forum, you're all too good for this bickering . This forum is such a great retreat and I have learned so much about ancients from all the great people who post here. We have so much in common, lets not spoil it. I don't know a soul interested in my passion for ancient coins aside from all of you. Lets get back to it!.

20. AngelDeath

AngelDeath Well-Known Member

That is the problem "what in the world" does anyone mean but me!

Yes it is EASY to get sheep to bleat!!!

21. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

I'm very sad to see this discussion and the pinned thread on top of our forum.

One thing I truly enjoyed about CoinTalk Ancients since I joined about two years ago is that this is a board where people from different places, backgrounds, and with different worldviews come together to simply discuss a hobby they share. In the past, it more than once became clear that the members of this forum hold a wide spectrum of sometimes contrasting views on social, political, and religious matters outside of ancient numismatics. Yet, these differences were generally treated with reasonable tolerance, politeness, and in a civil manner.

Why don't we all take a deep breath and go back to that atmosphere of civility that until now has been so characteristic for the ancients forum?

Orfew, Kentucky, Nathan B. and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted