RE: Listen Up!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Numisnewbiest, Jul 4, 2020.

1. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

You think thats bad? Meow actually got kicked out of the first coin forum Meow joined because they did not like Cats there.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

@Ryro and @DonnaML , thank you for your kind comments last nite.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    DonnaML and Ryro like this.
  4. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

That would be a first for me. I've been kicked out of schools, jobs, beds:kiss::cyclops:;)but never an online club or forum. Cute :cat: btw

5. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Yeas it was bad. Meow got ganged up on there. And Meow did nothing to break the TOS. It was so bad that even MODs went out of there way to insult Meow.

6. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

20200704_135938.jpg
    You've said similar in the past. I need to heed your and his advice more.

7. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Oh no! You too @Alegandron? But you are AWESOME as well, please please stay with us!!! :shy::shy::shy:

8. Pavlos

Pavlos You pick out the big men. I'll make them brave!

I have totally missed yesterday and it seems it was good I did. I have no idea what happened all, but I do hope nobody leaves because of some troll. This is such a great community with many great people, let's not a random intruder ruin this all. @Alegandron @Ryro @DonnaML I hope you are all fine and please stay with us all.

9. Numisnewbiest

Numisnewbiest Well-Known Member

I hope nobody feels like they have to leave here. It sounds like there was a very contentious thread last night, and whoever started the thread got exactly what he deserved, but it was all against forum rules. Okay, easy enough - report garbage posts and don't respond further, or (if the rules allow it) hit them in a private message and hammer each other there instead.

I agree 100%, and hope it disappears soon.

Ryro and Orfew like this.
  10. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

..i concur with Pavlos...youins are family here and trolls just make an appearance once or twice to cause damage... when you're here.png ..heck, @Alegandron & @Ryro are two of my bestest buddies....and i've been thinkin bout askin' @DonnaML to be my steady:shame:

svessien, DonnaML, Justin Lee and 5 others like this.
  11. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Takes 2 to tango. Stop with the dramatics!

12. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

It's particularly annoying when the whole situation was caused by someone who knows nothing about ancients, never will be a regular poster here, and just came here to cause trouble. That is a recurring pattern with most problematic or otherwise reported posts in the ancients section. Why not pin this thread over in the US coins section where the problematic individual might actually see it, or even better just delete the problematic posts entirely and add a comment to the other thread. There was a lot of good discussion in that thread before it got deleted, particularly with respect to current shipping/customs times people were seeing.

Volodya, zumbly, DonnaML and 3 others like this.
  13. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Actually, in the case last night, that was not what happened.

Numisnewbiest, Orfew, DonnaML and 3 others like this.
  14. Spaniard

Spaniard Well-Known Member

Woooh!...What's happened?....I didn't see this thread but reading through the replies I think I get the gist...
    There seems to be a guy with a hat and moustache that must have some cool coins or at least an amazing write up as he hasn't moved off the poll post all day! But I can't seem to load up his photos! And the only write up reminds me of a high school note put on the notice board 'No running in the corridor'!.....
    I must admit I do feel a little disgruntled as I feel I've just had my hand slapped like a 12 year old for something I'm completely unaware of!

I will not post here again until this ridiculous lead thread to an ancient coin forum is taken down!......Paul

15. Co1ns

Co1ns Active Member

This is the problem, it was actually a great thread as spork says, the one where people took the risk of posting coins that hadn't yet arrived. I regret engaging in the nonsense and contributing to its deletion - won't make that mistake again.

Numisnewbiest, DonnaML and Ryro like this.
  16. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Seriously?

Kentucky likes this.
  17. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Anyone who leaves this forum over someone being repremanded will be sorely missed. Please take some time to think over your action, it not only affects you, but the rest of the community you hopefully like and respect.

18. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

I said I had a sour taste in my mouth, not that I was thinking of leaving! So no need to ask me to stay, as much as I appreciate the sentiment.

19. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

Here is one thing to think about. If the offending poster had not been quoted, the moderator would have never seen the violation because the offender went back and edited their post and deleted a good part of it. The post that is pinned from the moderator that deleted it administered a form of Collective Punishment that dates back to the 2nd century BC. Look up what collective punishment is and make your own decision.

20. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

We should be thankful, I suppose, that the admins didn't impose decimation upon us, as practiced in the legions!

21. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Sorry, not true. Every edit on a post, once it has been made by the " Post Reply" is stored by the program for the moderators, if needed for review, which is a thing only done when there are problems.

We gave all of you the deep discount membership fee ( free) in exchange for your contributions, which are excellent, but new people need to be reminded about the rules. No forums here are exclusive, if a member of the Ancients want to post in Coin Roll , they can and Visa Versa. If the moderators aren't too busy and it appears the member got lost we will move it, but the request should come from the poster.

I hope you understand as all moderators put in a lot of their free time to keep this forum as perfect/imperfect ( as it is run by humans) as it is ! Stay Safe, Jim

Co1ns, Orfew, Roman Collector and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted