RCC Christmas Wins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by YoloBagels, Dec 10, 2020.

1. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

I meant to post this earlier this week but time flies so oh well.

On Monday I went to my coin club's annual Christmas meeting where we have white elephant gift exchange.

This year we had door prizes, I won a 1982 Washington commemorative silver proof half dollar. Here it is!
    Washingtoncommemhalfdollarraw.png

Later, my dad won a NGC PF69 Chinese panda. It got stolen unfortunately and afterwards won an NGC MS66 5FS 1940 nickel in a fatty slab. Not sure what it's worth but definitely more than $20.

1940nickel.NGCcoin.png

And finally, I was soo lucky to get the last number. A PCGS morgan dollar graded MS64 was stolen around the room many times, at least 8. Mind you that the minimum limit was $20, so whoever gave it was being very generous. I stole the coin last. It's got a really crisp gold tone and heavy luster. Close to an MS65 IMO but too many hits to the cheek.

1881sPCGSmorgan.png

The US themed slab was a nice touch, I know a lot of people on here aren't fond of plastic but its neat to me.

Slabs.jpg

Thank yall for reading, just wanted to share.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

I was confused at first how all these coins were stolen but then I connected the dots with the white elephant gift exchange. :p

Congrats on some nice gifts!

YoloBagels likes this.
  4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Wow, Thanks for sharing . Sounds like you had a good time .

YoloBagels likes this.
  5. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

That nickel looks so good in that NGC slab.

YoloBagels likes this.
  6. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

That's a $50 coin right there.

YoloBagels likes this.
  7. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Ahh... Rsomeplace Coin Club. I was thinking rec.collecting.coins for a moment (#ThrowbackThursday). Nice haul!

8. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Nice hearing you and your dad had a fun time. I play golf with my son a few times a year and IMO not much beats having a good father and son time.

Inspector43 likes this.
  9. YoloBagels

Thanks, It's actually my first fatty slab to be honest. It's a nice little gem.

10. YoloBagels

Forgot to mention it, Rockdale coin club. Thanks

11. YoloBagels

We used to go to a lot of shows together before covid. Went to FUN in January and then NMS in February right before the pandemic. I am lucky to have him

12. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

A live coin club meeting, wow! Our club has not met in person since February. Too many older gentlemen with health conditions. Luckily we meet via Zoom and the club is still going strong.

furham likes this.
  13. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I like your way better Jersey magic man. Better to be safe than sorry Yolobagles, glad you made it safely.

14. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun. Anyone know of a coin club in the Phoenix area, preferably in the NW Valley?

15. YoloBagels

https://www.money.org/club-directory

You can use that to find any clubs near you.

Draft saved Draft deleted