RAREST coin in the universe? or no? 193? Wheat Penny.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by S001101, Jan 23, 2019.

1. S001101

S001101 New Member

Tired of wondering what the heck is going on with this coin. Can someone please explain what I have here. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Easy.. It is damaged.

One side was ground down and/or smoothed somehow and the other side had another Wheat Cent pressed against it to create incused and backwards lettering and images.
    Not a Mint Error.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  4. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Good morning and welcome to CoinTalk. Your coin was damaged by a squeeze or vice job

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. S001101

S001101 New Member

Could you please provide a link or picture of
    a similar "damaged" coin? Thanks

6. S001101

S001101 New Member

So it IS one of a kind. lol. Perfect! Thanks.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Very bored people have been creating damaged coins like yours for many years. There are many threads here on CoinTalk with the same question.
    Here is a link to explain - http://www.error-ref.com/squeeze-job-or-vice-job-or-garage-job/

S001101 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

It is one of a kind. Rather in the same way my granddaughters crayon artwork is. Makes for a nice conversation piece. And I will say, of the many squeezed cents that have graced these pages, yours I believe is the most aesthetic I have seen.

frankjg, S001101 and Heavymetal like this.
  9. S001101

S001101 New Member

So those are the only two images on the internet of a squeeze or vice job? I see a resemblance but... you guys are the experts. I Appreciate your input. Thanks.

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

Like @paddyman98 said, there seems to be a lot of bored people who have nothing better to do. There are also a lot of people who will try to take advantage of the naivete of new collectors and sell them something that has been "manipulated" after it left the Mint. It will probably help you if you learn more about the minting process. Then, you too, like those of us who have been collecting coins for many, many years, will probably recognize coins like this for what they really are and stop wasting your time on them.

Keep hunting...…...but don't waste your time with books like "Strike It Rich With Pocket Change"

Chris

11. bsting

bsting Never enough coins.lol

Google “penny squeezed in vice” then click images. Disclaimer: Make sure you are sitting down while doing this!

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted