Rare totally bare coin (to a 6 year old)

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Oct 23, 2019.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

I felt compelled to share because its so stupid and sometimes conversations here get really serious...as some should be.

My niece is now interested in coins at 6 years old thanks to me ruining her by explaining the fun of looking through my brothers change! My brother told me wherever she goes now she wants the change to look for things to "show uncle J".

She just left me text stating she found a bare coin. Im thinking it could be a substantial find and alot of fun. Then she sent me this picture.

IMG_7306.jpg

Funny part is, she takes better pictures than some I see posted by adults here lol!!! Nice bear but not an error unfortunately.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Lol, too bad she didn't find the ultra rare bare bear error. :D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Kaye likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

She needs to crop out all the stuff around the coin. Jeesh...lol
    Other than that, and her dubious spelling, she is on the right path to being a good collector and future contributor to CT :)

5. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Cute! Have her start a collection of coins with animals on them. When she's finished looking at US coins you can buy foreign coins by the pound for her to look through. Nothing better than a child having fun.:)
    You can tell her she found a coin with 2 Animals on it. The bear and the fish.
    I googled "Are fish considered animals". Some very interesting answers. lol

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  6. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Great ideas. Watching kids brains light up about anything is awesome. This hobby can be extremely usefull to a kid. Teaches discipline, attention to detail and all that. With the crap these kids are exposed to today (man I sound old), they need positive things to be involved in that arent about politics, drama or anxiety. coin hunting is fun....and can be bonding too! Ive started a nice little pack for my grandson as you guys know too and hes only 6 months but sooooooon will be old enough to learn. Ive been at this about 3 years and nowhere near "getting" all this comfortably. I think thats alot of the fun that you cant master this quickly....it takes decades. I can say with confidence that at my part time rate, I now understand the depth of this hobby and will never master it, period. For a kid, thats the appeal...they dont have to be experts to enjoy this at any level.

Draft saved Draft deleted