Rare dollar bill?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by The lost coin, Sep 20, 2020.

1. The lost coin

The lost coin Active Member

Hello. I found this 1$ dollar bill and noticed it had a star after the serial number. If possible, can someone please tell me if it is rare and how much it is worth?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

its called a star note not rare unless its 100 years old /replaces another bill with an error/ value depends on condition of the bill but still not that valuable but its a keeper. $10 max if its crisp and gem condition.

4. The lost coin

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT and Paper Money @The lost coin. When collecting currency, condition is everything. Even the rarest of notes in terrible shape isn't worth much to a true collector.
    Star notes are as stated above, a replacement note for ones damaged in the printing process. Use your favorite search engine to find a lot of interesting information that will help you if you wish to collect currency. Good luck.

6. The lost coin

Thank you for your help.

7. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

8. The lost coin

Yes I found that site and used it on that dollar bill, and it said it was less rare but it didn't say if it was worth anything.

9. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

its worth what a person would pay for it/ i sold some star notes had alot of folds circulation wear sold them for $5 each.

10. The lost coin

Thank you again.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A star note is a replacement note. When bills are printed they are done and wrapped in stacked of 100. If any of them are defective then that note is destroyed and a star note is put on it's place. Yours is new, clean and crisp but the serial number is nothing special.

Welcome to CT.

12. The lost coin

Thanks for the Info.

Draft saved Draft deleted