Rare COINS please help me!!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by maeli, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Can someone help me to know more about this rare coins?

1. 2

2. 2

3. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. maeli

maeli New Member

Hello collectors, hunters and experts. I have been collecting coins for almost 15 years. But never have the chance to really check them. Finally I'm doing that. Please I need help with your honest opinions about my coins.

Thank you guys!!!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The Nickel and Cent look normal. They are older but nothing rare about them.
    The Dime has Environmental Damage. The clad layer was exposed to the elements and changed the color.

4. maeli

maeli New Member

I found so many nickels of 1962. But this one is the only different one, that's why I posted it here to see if someone knows more than my eyes can see. Thank you for your opinion, I really appreciate it.

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to CoinTalk. Lots of people here will have things to say about your coins, but it provides a helpful first step if you tell us what you think you are seeing.

6. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

different in what way?

there are no glaring errors on these coins. If you suspect something, please share your thoughts and we'll try to give our opinions.

Kentucky likes this.
  7. maeli

maeli New Member

Penny the 1969 S. I see a very bad S, and if you use a lupe you can see doubling the numbers and the S is cutted.

The 1962 Nickel, it is very shiny+for being an old coin. I have others that doesn't looks the same. This one has a missing mark and designer initials + it is very clear than the others i found. Also, with lupe you can see the "M" monticello. it is wider than the others.

8. maeli

maeli New Member

Penny the 1969 S. I see a very bad S, and if you use a lupe you can see doubling the numbers and the S is cutted.

The 1962 Nickel, it is very shiny+for being an old coin. I have others that doesn't looks the same. This one has a missing mark and designer initials + it is very clear than the others i found. Also, with lupe you can see the "M" monticello. it is wider than the others.

9. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

none of these are errors or collectible varieties.

The 1962 nickel, although shiny is not uncirculated and is worth 5¢

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Most errors you have to use a loupe to see are either not errors or are worth very little. The degree of shininess of a coin can work against it if it is an older coin. It usually means someone shined it up. It would count if you could see all details sharply.

11. maeli

maeli New Member

Thank you for the advise!! I have to be strong and learn little by little..

12. maeli

maeli New Member

It was in an old little pillow for about 15 years, till a few days I took it out as it. Thank you anyway, for your opinions... :(

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted