Rare Coin Mentor

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by green18, Dec 6, 2019.

1. jcm

jcm Active Member

On a higher value investment there is a higher numerical return. 5% of 300,000 is more than 5% of 10,000. More money, same amount of work.

Good Cents likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

That and the even simpler fact that people that can afford 300k coins have MUCH more disposable income for what they want

Good Cents likes this.
  4. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Okay. I get it. It's a bad idea at my level of investing ability. Thanks for all your input. I appreciate your warnings to help me avoid losing my shirt!

I'll try the Index Funds instead. Maybe I'll have more luck this decade. But the last 2 times I tried this I invested right before the market tanked. So, if I put money in, the market is sure to crash or something - worse than the last 2 times it tanked. You can get a heads up on what the market will do based on if I'm about to put money into an Index Fund. I should charge for this information as it is almost like a legal form of "insider trading"! At the very least it's better than any crystal ball or fortune teller! :wacky:

The problem is that I can't use this information myself. If I try to and buy an Fund that shorts the Index, then the market jumps into the stratosphere! o_O:confused: If I buy both in equal measure, then I lose a lot more money on one of them than I make on the other. How? I'm not entirely sure. It has something to do with ETF's losing money which I don't really care to understand the details of. All I know is that me and Index Funds and Mutual Funds have some sort of eebee geebee reverse magnetism thing going on.

And that's why now that I'm learning so much about coins and enjoying it, I thought coins may be a good thing to invest in. But I appreciate all your warnings not to and I won't be investing in coins.

Maybe a multi level marketing thing. This guy on TV swears I can make a fortune on it! :woot: /s

Draft saved Draft deleted