rare 1983 penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Linda hulan, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Linda hulan

Linda hulan New Member

i have a 1983 penny that has a floating 8 under lincolns chin what is it worth

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

pictures ?
    clear, fromt straight above. In good light (go to a room with light), and crop so we can see the front and back clearly

But, probably a pareidolia 8's that we see a lot of.

4. Linda hulan

Linda hulan New Member

5. Linda hulan

Linda hulan New Member

i am new to this but i have to get my laptop up on this page my phone does not take good pictures but iam new to this i have several coins i have found with errors on them that i need to figure out what to do with i have a lincoln coin with a ball on the steps of the memorial on the back and a coin that has cud on lincolns nose and smile line that looks like he has a wart on his nose so im trying to figure out what to do

6. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Coin Talk Linda. Make sure to get us some photos and we will be more than glad to help. It's almost impossible to tell you without them.

7. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

worth a fortune! images (2).jpg with out pics

8. Linda hulan

Linda hulan New Member

9. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

your cents possibly have damage, or die cracks in them...we really need photos, good ones of both sides to be able to help you. Sorry about my first post, just got home and was cranky.

10. Linda hulan

Linda hulan New Member

I pulled it under magnification

Attached Files:

11. Linda hulan

Linda hulan New Member

12. Linda hulan

Linda hulan New Member

This picture doesn't show it good

13. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

no it doesnt...

14. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Try to somehow prop up the camera (or phone) in order to steady it before taking another shot. Books, a can of soda, or whatever should suffice as long as your camera can focus.

Draft saved Draft deleted