RARE 1794 US DOLLAR FLOWING HAIR GOLD DOLLAR COIN - $8,000,000

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fretboard, Oct 23, 2021.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

MIGuy and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

What a bargain! Worth at least 5 million bucks! Lol, the question is whether it's just an outright fake or an interesting reproduction. I suppose that's a matter of the eye of the beholder, but I wouldn't buy it on a bet. Didn't Landis Studios or Carr / Moonlight Mint do a repro of this? Looks like it might be ex-jewelry. Funny and true, I have had a lot of luck selling on craigslist locally - just Morgans and "junk" silver - some slabbed coins though, it's a hassle to set it up - have to background check the prospective buyer, meet at a Court house or police station, check all the bills with a counterfeit marker, etc - transparency is the key to square dealing in the Wild Wild West of craigslist, but I've been fortunate. Anyone who bites on this is probably not going to be so lucky, in my estimation.

fretboard likes this.
  4. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Hey, that coin on Craigslist comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, so it must be real, lol.

Here are some great deals from a Facebook ad (not a seller on FB, but a revenue generating ad for FB). Sure, if you research, you find that they come from China, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t genuine, right? Lol

07DF3652-CDBB-4945-AE64-90826CFDF1E2.png

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    fretboard likes this.
  5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Well…. If it were the only spaghetti hair 1794 flowing hair dollar…… Cripes, man….. Has the web stripped the last remaining vestiges of integrity from our society?

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Am I gonna get hit over the head if I venture into that part of town? devil.gif

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If it’s anywhere but a HA auction it’s not real.

fretboard likes this.
  8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I wouldn't want to do business there, especially with the seller who wrote that ad! 112.gif

Draft saved Draft deleted