Raider34's The Price is Right Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by raider34, Dec 26, 2009.

1. raider34

raider34 Active Member

So I was looking for an idea for a new contest, and I got one today watching the price is right :D. It's slightly harder than my last contest, but still very easy. So you know the Price is Right Wheel right, it's based around that.

I'll be using the random number generator, which will be like the wheel. Each member can have 2 spins, unless you get $1.00 on the first, just like the price is right.

**If the total of your 2 spins goes over $1.00 you lose.** This is where the thinking comes into play, because you can set a maximum number for your first spin.

The winner is the person who comes closest to, or gets $1.00, if there is a tie it will go to a spin off, and who ever gets the highest number wins. There will only be 1 winner.

The contest is simple, all you have to do to enter is post here a maximum number for your first spin. (So there's a little thinking).

**The maximum number you enter means if your first spin is the maximum number or higher, you will keep that number, AND NOT GET A SECOND SPIN. **

** The numbers on the wheel go by 5s starting at 5 and going to $1.00, so only pick a multiple of 5.**

Here's a sample post:

Maximum number .90
    -In this case the maximum first spin is 90 cents, so if the first spin is under .90 you get a second spin, .90 or above and you keep the first spin, and don't get a second.

Pretty simple, Good Luck everyone, let me know if there are any questions. The prize will be below in a second post.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. raider34

raider34 Active Member

**Deadline to enter is Wednesday 30th at 9:00 P.M. EASTERN TIME** One entry per person.**
    The prize is a 1900 O Morgan dollar in MS64 (PCGS). VAM23C

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. sirfordster

sirfordster Member

.65? Is that what you wanted?

5. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

I'll go with 85 cents I guess.
    Will be interesting to see how this will play out :p

Thanks for the contest Raider

6. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

I'm in. max .75

7. HumptyDumpty

HumptyDumpty Junior Member

I'll take a bite at the first contest I enter. I hope this is the correct way to do it.

First spin is: Maximum 0.55

Edit: typo error

8. raider34

raider34 Active Member

That's right :thumb:. I thought it might be a little confusing, so I tried to describe it the best I could.

9. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Yep that's it.

10. ERROR HUNTER

ERROR HUNTER Coins,Stamps

11. coinman0456

how long do we wait for the results of the first spin?

12. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I'll go with max 0.70.

Fun idea, thanks for the chance!

When is the contest closed?

13. coinman0456

I'm running back & forth from my living room. LOL well not running, I can hardly walk.

14. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Lol, I knew I would forget something

The contest will end Wednesday 30th at 9:00 P.M Eastern time. The winner will be announced shortly after that. So we've got awhile. (I added it in the second post too).

15. DoK U Mint

DoK U Mint In Odd we Trust

I haveno idea how this works yet so I go with 34.

16. krispy

krispy krispy

krispy's first spin 0.80¢

17. coinman0456

PHEW. Theres a great showing on the travel channel about engraving our currency.

18. PersianGuy

PersianGuy my.will.is.good

my bid is..... 65

Kool contest Mike :smile

19. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Take a look at the directions again, you need to pick a max number for your first spin, and it has to be a multiple of 5 cents (Between 5 cents and $1.00).

20. krispy

krispy krispy

21. erwizard

erwizard Numismatic RN

I'll go max .90. Interesting contest.....

Draft saved Draft deleted