Quite a lot of coins, and no clue.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by ntbradley, May 23, 2010.

1. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

Attached Files:

4. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

h..

Attached Files:

5. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

fg

Attached Files:

6. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

Attached Files:

7. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

Attached Files:

8. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

The gold looks fake and that 1806 sure has a green back :(
    Still a nice grouping of coins...

9. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

gh

Attached Files:

10. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

somehow, some of them became out of order.. I think Ive just developed carpal tunnel.. There is also an (30-40) amount of pennies all dated from 1944-1964, plus some confederate paper notes and a tin of silver (colored?) pennies, all dating 1943 and two of which having a D mint mark. any significance?<<<zinc, ahhh..

11. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

[​IMG]

Constantine era Roman coins probably worth just a couple bucks :/ but they are cool to have.

12. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

13. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

The wheat reverses (pre-1959) are worth 1-4¢ each, the later ones are worth 1-1.5¢
    Zinc plated steel, worth 1-6¢ each unless they are spotless mint state.

BTW most people don't consider anything less than 1,000 cents to be a "large amount". It's not uncommon for a long-time collector to have more than 10,000.

14. Lugia

Lugia ye olde UScoin enthusiast

1843 with scratches. the 1806 is still sorta nice.

15. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

16. krispy

krispy krispy

Agreed. From what we can see in these closer images, the OP should treat the gold pieces with a huge degree of caution. Probably safest to assume they're not authentic until they can get the coins weight determined and get them examined in hand by a professional of these coins.

17. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

Guess that's why they call you dimefreak! Lol, but there were dimes later. You got lucky. :rolleyes:

18. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

Those coins on the bottom are roman. I want to place them around 300-400A.D. Not sure who's on it, but I have a few like that myself. I want to say Constantius II, but could be mistaken. In response to the thread with the ancient coins on it.

The British penny that was drilled through isn't worth much due to the drilling. Likewise, the Large Cent has an H scratched into liberty's face, so that won't get much either. I think a lot of the copper coins have far too much copper oxide damage to be worth much.

You do have some nice British and Canadian coins overall. Some of them are worth decent money.

19. ntbradley

ntbradley Junior Member

I guess Im going to make the drive to a coin shop (closest one being more than an hour away), Ill make sure to post the gold piece's weights. for everyones sake, including my own. Thanks again everyone for all of the input.

Draft saved Draft deleted