Quick Question On Dansco

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tommyc03, Sep 14, 2018.

1. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I've written to Wizard Coin Supply twice but no response. Does anyone know which mm size Dansco page I would need for Great Britain Large Pennies? I know what it says in Krause but would it need to be one mm size larger. The reason I'm asking also is because I've had a heck of a time with U.S. Large Cents due to differing thickness of planchets. I've had to use a X-acto knife to carve out some holes. Thanks very much. Tom

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Isn't that your answer, then?

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Honestly, I don't know. Were the Gt. Britain planchets fairly uniform across the years? They had a very long life span. I came across a collection of these recently and don't want to be in the same problem of having to carve out the holes as I am building a collection from scratch using a generic binder and pages as I cannot find a reasonably priced album.

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Britain had a couple hundred years of technology ahead of us. The early US cents were rough and crude compared to the British coins of the time. I don't know what era of British cents you're focusing on, but I'd say that generally they are better made than the US large cents before the mid-1830's.

tommyc03 likes this.
  6. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Attached Files:

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Thank you. I will be starting at approx. 1850 and move forward from there.

8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Tommy call them....they will help you over the phone. I use Wizard all the time.

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Thanks very much.

Draft saved Draft deleted