Quick... Please... Grade on this FEC?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Dougmeister, Mar 1, 2019.

1. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Here is a copper-nickel cent that is bright white without toning.

Sorry, experimenting trying to get pictures to work.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I feel that the marks across the reverse, kill any chance of the coin getting a straight grade. I don't know what a fair price is for the coin but I still like it. Color is a bit off based on the images.
    20190301_110247.jpg

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Are you on a phone or a PC?

5. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

PC.

I have gotten it to work. I just made a mess of the previous post and could not fix it once it was in edit mode. I posted pictures of some early English pennies in the foreign section.

6. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Agree with others...odd color.

7. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

No reason to disqualify it from your purchase considerations, though if the price is right. Above discussion aside, I would bid on this coin with a reasonable snipe proxy ~$40.00.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Why would you pay anything for a problem coin ,or for that matter anything that has issues? Because it matters not how much you paid the fact remains that you're buying a problem coin and either you or a family member is going to have to liquidate at some point at a loss or problematic to liquidate to begin with.
    Sorry any amount paid for anything with issues especially if the issues are not fixable is just non sense.

9. Bob Evancho

Bob Evancho Well-Known Member

I right clicked on both the obverse and reverse and opened them in new tabs. Then enlarged them. The coin might have details of an MS coin brown without luster. BUT. It has problematic eye appeal. I see a problem with the rim at the S of states. I see some type of rim problem from the F of OF to the A of America. And other little dings here and there. The reverse has a BIG problem. OR does it have a planchet flaw? Not having the coin in hand I'm trying to look at the lines going diagonally through the ONE CENT. Are they raised or recessed? I also see a planchet problem at the top of the wreath. Is that a hit at the top of the N in ONE? The coin to me has many problems not justifying the grade or price. The price is full PCGS 61 retail at $550. For me, if a dealer wants that price, it better be in a PCGS holder. And since it doesn't have eye appeal, it should be reduced in price. As we all know, GRADING is subjective by anyone including TPG services. This is a good coin to pass on. Enjoy coin collecting.

Dynoking likes this.
  10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Draft saved Draft deleted