questions last Barber-Morgan sets

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by David Betts, May 3, 2020.

1. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Just completed a 2 year journey putting together the last years of Barber/Morgan's
    1892-1892 Columbia expedition in silver halves. Then the 1916 1917 McKinley gold dollars to the 1915-s 2.50 gold Panama.
    Question 1 - Does anyone have or seen 1892/93 proof or gold coin?

Working on a Barber set to his death in 1917 when Morgan took over as Chief 1917-1925 when he died and Sinnock took over. Just a testament to two of best engravers of all times.
    The Barber set: I have 3 of 4
    1904 Lewis and Clark gold dollar/ 1905 Lewis and Clark gold dollar
    1903 LA Purchase and still need the Jefferson but in MS.

3 of the above are out for grading when complete I'll post.
    Thank-You for your thoughts and any helpful/pertinent information.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Gotta have/must see.........:)

Never seen any proof 'Columbians' but I have heard tell that they are out there........

4. David Betts

TY same here all I see is .999 fine silver proof commentative and talk of 100 gold coins? Thanks Green18

green18 likes this.
  5. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

6. David Betts

Thanks Yolo I have seen on HA and been chasing but darn near impossible where'd the 100 gold one's go?
    Thank-you for the link This set drive's me nuts and broke!

7. David Betts

Update to the Morgan/Barber set(7 coins) that has now expanded Barber set to death also (6coins).
    They are as follows 1892&3 Columbian expo silver half,1915s pan-pac 1/2, dollar and 2 1/2 dollar ( 1 silver/2 gold) 1916 & 17 McKinley gold dollars
    The Barbers are 1893 Isabella quarter, 1900 Lafayette dollar, 2- 1903 Gold LA purchase and lastly the 1904&5 Lewis and Clark gold dollars.
    Cracking today to send to PCGS is the Lafayette ICG AU 50 and the Pan-Pac 1/2 ICG MS62 When done the 13 coin set will all be PCGS regardless of grade up/down. I'll post sets in 3-4 weeks. Very happy and broke! FYI pages 296-299 in 2020 red book for all that want to check out till then Thanks DB

Draft saved Draft deleted