Question: Peru Intis currency

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by sakata, Mar 20, 2018.

1. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I'm not really a paper money collector but am trying to catalog some I have acquired over the years. I have some Peruvian Intis denomination notes from the 1980s. I have checked pmgnotes.com and found that the dates on the notes are not shown in their database. But banknotes.com has them for sale with my dates, so I know they are valid.

So I have two questions. Does anyone collect these by date? It seems so from was on banknotes.com. Each date seems to have a different catalog number (#135a, #135b, etc.) If they are collected by date is there a way to find a complete list.

I have found the same to be true for Venezuelan Bolivares. Any help there?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I feel like most collectors would be go style, or series. For example, my Hungarian note collection doesn't go by date, but it does go by design changes.

4. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Well, yes, I agree. I would almost certainly collect by issue. But the question is still valid and I was curious.

5. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I would imagine that Peruvian, or other nearby collectors might want to go by date.
    Sort of like how US collectors will often collect paper by date, while foreign collectors of US paper would go by issue.

6. George McClellan

George McClellan Active Member

An available issue of a style may have been preceded or followed with greater historically significant dates.
    Some dates weren't issued.

Draft saved Draft deleted