Question on 1943 P Jefferson Nickel Possible RPM-036

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Paddy54, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

43 P 1.jpg 43 P 2.jpg 43 P 3.jpg 43 P 1 B.jpg 43P 2 B.jpg 43P 3 B.jpg Pictured below are two unc. 1943 P Jefferson nickels. Both of these nickels are from the same roll. both have a die crack running from between the B & U in Pluribus South through mint mark to dome.The die crack also runs on one right dome window south between pillars # 3 & # 4 to N in cents
    I guess my question is are both the same RPM? As both are similar but not the same . What do think the odds are of the same type die crack in the same area?
    Just wanted to get your options. My source is Variety Vista by Doctor James Wiles.
    The first 3 images are of the nickel #1 and the second 3 of nickel #2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    jello and tommyc03 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Since the die cracks are in two different positions and the mintmarks are punched individually, I don't see how they could be considered the same RPM.

Chris

4. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

I don't see an RPM on either. Also, like Chris said, the cracks are different. They have to be from different dies.

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

For the 1945 P nickel there are over 60 RPM'S the first nickels posted is a rpm as you can see the top inner loop of the P is doubled .
    You can down load Dr. Wiles book on Jefferson war nickel varieties , that's in a PFD file off variety vista. I keep a copy on my smart phone as well one on my pad. That way you have a copy with you at shows.
    Some of the varieties are spot on others are just slight differences. Google variety vista for the down load.

6. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

I see the RPM on the first coin, less sure of the second--since I don't collect these. Definitely two different dies though.

7. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

I see a die chip on the top inner loop of the top coin. On the second, the die crack on your coin goes to the U. On RPM-036, the crack goes to the B. I have the RPM download. The P on yours is a good deal farther east than 036.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted