Question for those of you who have websites

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JCro57, Jan 20, 2019.

1. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

I am looking to do an informational website where I can post my coins and provide historical touches to each piece, links to clubs, and even advertise that I am buying certain coins.

Who on here has a coin website? What are the initial and annual charges? How did you manage to get a domain name?

Info on the internet on these matters is all over the place. Would like to hear from those who actually have one. Thanks.

~Joe Cronin

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I haven't published anything yet. I am building one at my own convenience on wordpress. I really like it and you can start it for free. Keep it off the net until you decide your ready to go and then you can upgrade to a whole number of added features. Lets you build a little confidence before you get going! Best of luck to you!

JCro57 likes this.
  4. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I have one.

Initial charges for me were something like $5/month, which was adjusted to $35 every quarter. I got a domain name by paying this amount every quarter through Aabacosmallbusiness.com

JCro57 likes this.
  5. jafo50

jafo50 Active Member

@JCro57 I haven't registered a Domain Name in a very long time but it's fairly simple to do. Here's a link with info to get you started.

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,33918,00.asp

The most important part is deciding on a Domain Name that people can find when they do a search. As an example if you call your site JoeCronin.com the chances of someone finding your site is slim. If you name your site JCCoins.com you'd have a better chance of searchers finding your site.

Once you register your Domain Name and decide on an Internet Provider to host your site you can start building/creating the content for your site. Most hosting sites provide basic tools for you to use in creating your website.

BTW: you can register your Domain Name without having any actual content. If someone stumbles onto your site they will see an "Under Construction" message or something similar.

JCro57 likes this.
  6. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

You can also use a service like GoDaddy or SquareSpace to register your domain, build, and host your site. They have some low cost options.

jafo50 likes this.
  7. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Getting a domain and hosting is the easy part. Getting your content out on the host and keeping it updated, takes a ton of work, by you or by someone you're paying to do it. That's the part you need to figure out before you take the next step.

philologus_1 likes this.
  8. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

I use HostGator to host my website and have had no problems with the company.

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted