Question for eBay Sellers: Retracted bids

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by EasyE418, Jun 9, 2015.

1. JustHad2

JustHad2 Do It!

And I am not doubting you. I am only asking where do I see this at for future reference.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

At the bottom of the bid page, under the bids. That auction had no retracted bids, so it did not show one.

JustHad2 likes this.
  4. JustHad2

JustHad2 Do It!

I found one. It is one that I retracted the bid on and then the seller finally got in touch with me. I told him that I was having reservations about the piece being genuine and after assurances and evidence the item was legitimate he said I was welcome to bid again. I did and I won the item.

Since I was the one that retracted here is what eBay says on that sales record:

Bid retraction and cancellation history
    [​IMG] Everyone can see that a bid has been retracted, but only you and the seller can see the explanation

So now I need to search my older listings to try and find one that may have had other retractions and see what they say.

5. JustHad2

JustHad2 Do It!

After going through my purchases I can only conclude that sellers must really love me. I just seem to pay them what they are asking or make an offer and I never return anything.

I can't find any other auction records. Only BIN and MO listings.

I will have to keep that in mind and try to remember to pay attention next time I do participate in an auction.

6. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

Here is a Mercury dime I recently sold for $4.75 and had 100 retracted bids!!!!!! I can see this info whether I am the seller or the buyer.
    uploadfromtaptalk1433875999250.png

JustHad2 likes this.
  7. EasyE418

EasyE418 Ca$h Money collector

Good lord.... all over $5 bucks. I ban pretty much everyone outside of the US so maybe I don't get those Chinese bidders.

8. JustHad2

JustHad2 Do It!

That is amazing. Someone mentioned you can look at a persons profile and see their bid retraction history, or the number of times they have retracted bids.

Can someone look up wdrfc and tell me how many I have?

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Wonder if someone was testing some sort of bot?

10. Copper56

Copper56 Active Member

What I dislike is when someone who has outbid me then retracts later leaving me as high bidder.. and I have moved on and purchased one elsewhere. I have limits for each and every coin.
    So, I guess a very short window for retracting would be favored.

11. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I have never retracted a bid. I enjoy finding the BIN with BO listings. I think some people will sit on an offer that they have received, just so other potential buyer's see that there is a current offer on the table and that a new buyer may be enticed into trying to submit a higher offer or click on Buy It Now.

JustHad2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted