question about attributions?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bryantallard, Oct 31, 2012.

1. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

if you have a coin attributed will they tell you if it is rare? a top rpm or ddo or whatever it may be? i don't think i have anything that good, i was just wondering ty

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No I think they just tell you what it is. One exception to that might be in the case of VAM's they might tell you if it is a top 100 VAM or a Hot 50 VAM.

4. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

I think they will only tell you if you send the coin in as being suspected of such attribution (at an additional cost, of course) and they find it is indeed what you thought it was.

5. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

PCGS doesn't tell you anything. I don;'t think that NGC tells you anything either but they share more info than PCGS.

With PCGS, YOU have to do all the work and they simply validate your work "if you got it right"!
    If you got it wrong, they'll simply label it as either a "Minor Variety DDO or DDR" or they won't give any attribution at all.

In a nutshell, if you don't know what you have, then don;t bother submitting it unless you go to ANACS and pay the research fee. PCGS won't do your work for you but will keep your $24.

6. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

ty all for helping

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

They also have a tendency to validate your work if you got it wrong too. You tell them what you think it is, but you get the attribution wrong, you still have a good chance of getting the coin back with your attribution on it.

8. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

Sounds like a way to make money, for both sides.

Draft saved Draft deleted