Question about 2 pennies?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Juggalo, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The reverse of the coin does not have details in the design. What details are present are soft and mushy. The coin is made of zinc which adds to the problem. I totally disagree with you. It is not a Doubled Die but it has the signs of old worn die.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

@Juggalo ...the 79 has been explained and @enamel7 ...beat me to it, the 99 is a bonafide DDR listed in Wexler’s website... @Mountain Man ...they are talking about the doubling to the right of Lincoln’s pedestal, next to the column.

Jugg Man...you have mentioned your cheap usb scope more than once...your hobby deserves a better one. Quit “messin’ around” and spend about 80 bucks for a Celestron Microscope Pro. It has a 5MP pickup and has complete range, although you will have to build a 4” pedestal for large coins like Morgans and Peace. I love mine bought 2 months ago, using on a Windows 10 laptop w/22” monitor...Spark

MontCollector and USS656 like this.
  4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. This is why I don't care about insignificant doubling. My eyes are just too old to bother looking for such minute errors. LOL

Spark1951 likes this.
  5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

BTW, DDD refers to Die Deterioration Doubling. The features standing above the plane of a struck coin come from concave features on the die. As the die wears, the edges of the concave cavity can wear away, giving this kind of "doubling".

6. Juggalo

Juggalo Active Member

I didn't know that there was a difference until I posted this thread. The way I see it is in this case only will I go along with the flock be a sheep and call it a penny like everyone else in America.
    "Learning something new every day"

wxcoin likes this.
  7. Juggalo

Juggalo Active Member

I would love to get one unfortunately there's a few problems biggest one is I'm on SSI and with what little I get it took me 3 months to save the $18 the one I got also no computer or laptop and even if I had one no extra electricity to run one I got limited supply because I'm on solar. The list goes on that's kinda why I was hoping at first to pick up a few extra dollars here and there with this hobby but now it's just to keep my mind busy.

Spark1951 likes this.
  8. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I think all of us understand that everyone's situation is different. Keep active on CT as I try to do on my free time. I'm glad that members with deeper pockets than mine post things that I'll probably never have. When I was younger I'd probably be more into technology than now. I spent my career developing and using new technology and now that I'm retired I want to enjoy the simple things.

Spark1951 likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Same here my friend. The simpler the better.

wxcoin and Spark1951 like this.
  10. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Boy, do I feel like a dope. I apologize for being so presumptuous. If you had a way to use it, I would buy you one right now.

Keep posting and let us know how we can help you...Spark

Collecting Nut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted