Question about 1982 Lincoln Cents

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Brennn10, Sep 30, 2007.

1. does anyone know how old Mr. bdunnse is

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

That's great - I was collecting at that age by searching through rolls.

I had a small break from collecting once I went off to college, but got back into it 50 years later (a year ago). So honestly, we're both acquiring knowledge and putting together the clues. It's fascinating - enjoy what you are doing. (And ignore the "troll" stuff. He may have you mistaken for somebody else! People are nice around here.)

4. bcaywoo

bcaywoo New Member

I have found that roughly 75% of the 1982 cents are copper

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

In 2009 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Lincoln cent, and the 200th anniversary of Lincolns birth they issued four different reverse designs. a log cabin, Lincoln sitting on a log, Lincoln as a statesman in Illinois, and the unfinished capital dome. These come in copper plated zinc from both Philadelphia and Denver (that's 8 coins). They also made all four designs from both mints in copper for use in mint sets (that's another 8 coins) and they made all four designs in copper in proof at San Francisco (that's 4 more coins). So in total there are 20 different 2009 cents.

6. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

I've tried, as others, to help you with what appears to be very concise answers to your questions, without receiving an acknowledgement of understanding. We just need to know your level of understanding to properly assist. My young, less than teen-agers would generally understand.

There isn't harm intended by asking age, as I'm occasionally asked, with a reply of DUUUUH!!.

JMHO

7. Mr. conder101 do you mean 20 2009 coins all together or just 20 different types but several of them?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  8. can anyone answer this

9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Harbor Freight offers a couple different scales, but I haven't bothered to closely look at nor have I owned one, so this certainly isn't meant as a recommendation. If he doesn't wish to take an online route and wants cheap, it's worth looking into though.

Oy... No one wishes to "terrorize" you, young sir. Take care and be smart online, but don't cover yourself in a blanket of paranoia assuming everyone is out to get you. I'm guessing the gentleman asked your age simply because your writing and questions read as if asked by a young person. This isn't a bad thing, of course, but knowing someone's age group can help others to know who they're dealing with and to properly tailor their responses to them.

Cascade likes this.
  10. RonSanderson

One year, four basic designs on the reverse, but struck from two different materials. The mint also struck each of the four as proofs.

The bottom four show the reverse design. These were all produced in huge numbers. I got this whole group of proof cents 2000 through 2009 just recently for about $20. (These are the vendor's photos.)
    01c 2000-2009 S Proof reverse 01.jpg

Eaglefawn and imrich like this.
  11. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Every question you've asked has been answered. Conder's post answered your question before you asked it. You just don't seem willing to read and understand what's being posted here, and that's why people are treating you roughly. Numismatics is about knowledge, and one must engage their mind to "do it right."

How do you suppose we feel when you ask a question, we answer it, and then you ignore the answer and ask the same question again?

12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Patience is a virtue.

Now, it's often best to ask yourself a question before presenting it to others. Would there being only 20 2009 cents in total make any sense? Of course not... he was talking about the different types/designs/compositions.

13. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

I buy all my scales from "US Balance/Awesome Wholesale". I have found them to be quick and courteous. Huge selection also.

14. Eaglefawn

Eaglefawn Active Member

Welcome to the forum "Coins" and for being polite...many of us will enjoy learning right along with you!

15. Mr. Super Dave I do read I just have a hard time understanding I am not good with reading and writing comprehension.

16. Mr. BooksB4Coins I just wasn't thinking on that one question.

17. RonSanderson

You have a great opportunity here. Using just words to communicate really sharpens those skills quickly.

If mere words have to convey all information, emotion, and humor, you will soon find out whether people can take away the meaning you want. And as you read what others write you learn to pay close attention to how the words are chosen and arranged together.

This is a great place for that. If you demonstrate good will, people will simply ask you to clarify your meaning if it is not clear. There is zero concern about being perfect.

Critical thinking and writing are important skills that can developed, and pay unexpected benefits for your entire life. Wade in!

18. I will try harder to pay close attention and understand what everyone is saying.

Eaglefawn, imrich and RonSanderson like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted