Question 1931b 5 Franc

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Pendragon, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

When it talks about the lettering I think mine begins at the 10 o clock point of the coin at least when the 5Fr. is facing me if you go to the other side it is the words start at about 4 o clock but it only offers 2,6 and 10 o clock options does anyone know anything here are some pics P9050016.jpg P9050017.jpg P9050018.jpg It says it is worth between 3000 and 5000 dollars??

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

The valuable variety of that coin is determined by the - *** Dominus ********** Providebit - edge inscription. If yours does not start out that way, then it is not the valuable variety.

5. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

there are 4 varietie mine is the 3 star name and such but it is at the10 oclock on the 5 fr that was why I was trying to make sure as it lists up to 3000+ hence the picture I was just wondering if anyone could tell me for sure it was 10

6. GDJMSP

Looking at your picture there are stars at 12 o'clock (pic #3). So I don't understand what you mean by 10 o'clock.

Are there 3 stars at 12 o'clock or more than 3 ?

7. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

It states where the words start at 2 10 and 6 oclock there is the dominus then 10 stars and then providebit then the stars after and the if you flip the coin the top always shows front to back so if I flip the coin it is the top to bottom and If I flip it again top to bottom it is just the 10 o clock is on the 5 Fr side other wise it is 8 o clock on the otherside I am trying to find out which side they are refering to as the 10 o clock

8. GDJMSP

Tell me who or what "it" is and maybe I can help you figure out what is so confusing for you.

The way I understand it is simple, you need to look at the coin so the words on the edge inscription are right side up. The words should start at the top of the coin - the top is 12 o'clock. So if you answer my question about how many stars there at 12 o'clock, then your question should be answered.

9. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

I found out right before the 3 stars is the dial time there is a little notch right above so i found it is a 6 oclock based on where the stars are... thank for the help though!!! Pendragon

Draft saved Draft deleted