QuarterNotes, I am officially in the "club" now?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mountain Man, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Made it into town yesterday and got my mail. Much to my surprise, was a letter from QuarterNotes Ltd. Included with one quarter; Nevada, counter stamped: DESIRE, was a professional printed pamphlet, which I had not seen previously. I know some have made a game out of trying to figure out who QuarterNotes is, and even "he" seems to be egging us on (see pamphlet).
    While this is the very first one I've gotten, I am still tempted to put it into local circulation. While we don't have the numbers of each state coin with the counter stamps, which would be cool, but I don't think even he knows, I wonder if it might just bounce back into my pocket.

Please excuse the out of focus photos. I'm just too tired to do better.
    Desire counter stamp.jpg
    Nevada Quarter.jpg
    This is the pouch it came in.
    What coin came in.jpg
    The zip was wrong, but it still got to me.
    QuarterNote envelope 1.jpg QuarterNote pamphlet front.jpg QuarterNote pamphlet back.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  4. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Hmmmm new clue added

PamR likes this.
  5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'm not nitpicking, just making an observation. Does Quarternote have legal use of the Snoopy character without giving credit for using a trademarked character? Just curious.

6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Now I gotta go check my mailbox for the most recent mysterious Quartermaster offering.

ZoidMeister and SensibleSal66 like this.
  7. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Damn, I'd like to be part of the Quartermaster give away! I'll keep praying until the Quartermaster finds me deserving! :D

ZoidMeister and SensibleSal66 like this.
  8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

@Mountain Man congrats on being honored and accepted into the QM's club. Honestly, seeing the cast of characters he's selected to be part of his elite club, I can understand him selecting you. Seriously, I like his choice of personalities. He and I seem to agree on certain worthy traits.

Well done QM.

If he's not using Snoopy, or any other trademarked character, for a profit, I don't believe he's breaking any trademark infringement laws.

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Mountain Man,

It seems the QuarterMaster has been reading your posts. Look at what just showed up in my mailbox, but then, I am assuming that you received the same as well . . . . .

Z

upload_2023-12-19_8-33-48.png

10. BurrosCoins

BurrosCoins Well-Known Member

Congratulations. What a nice surprise to find in your mailbox.

ZoidMeister likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted