Quarter

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Jun 17, 2018.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Nothing exciting but I got this quarter today. I instantly assumed PMD but Im not sure how it could happen? Is this something that can happen at the mint? Its like a tiny "bead" of extra metal. It was surprisingly hard to photograph. It almost look like extra metal got squeezed out as if it were hot but that doesnt make sense. A IMG_3487.jpg IMG_3486.jpg ny idea?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Can you show the reverse and the edge at the anomaly? Is the edge damaged? Looks like it's flat at that area resulting from PMD. If not, without seeing more, only a guess that is may be from a chipped collar.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Chipped collar would result in the buldge going outward increasing the diameter. It looks to me like the edge has sustained damage.

5. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

Better pics will help, but looks like post mint damage (not an error).

6. MatrixMP-9

I suck...I spent it. Well, I didnt but my daughter did. Back out to the sea of coins! I can't remember seeing anything that resembled damage when looking it it but that doesnt mean squat as it probably did. Someone else can find it now lol!

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

From the photos I wouldn't be upset as it looks like the rim took a straight on hit making it PMD.

8. MatrixMP-9

I agree. I never much looked at coins until a few months ago so chances are my "best coin of all time" probably got dumped into a coin star 15 years ago. It was cool for a moment while in my paws whatever it was.

Draft saved Draft deleted