Quarter struck on one side only.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jon9020, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Jon9020

Jon9020 New Member

hello I recently happened upon a quarter that was struck only on one side I was wondering if anyone could tell me it's value. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you IMG_1394.JPG IMG_1395.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

4. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

More like 12.5 cents

Onofrio Bacigalupo likes this.
  5. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

What you have there is a quarter that has one side ground off with a grinder or lathe. Likely someone in shop class had too much time on their hands.

6. Fjpod

Fjpod Active Member

Is it thinner? Check the weight. If it were ground down we'd be seeing copper.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'll bet if he posted a photo of the edge, we'd see the copper core. A coin cannot be struck with only one die in place. It's PMD!

Chris

8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Post Mint Damage

9. Jon9020

Jon9020 New Member

Thanks for your replies everyone I'll try to get a good photo of the edge for you all and compare the weight to another quarter. But I have a question is it possible that a two blanks could have stuck together in the process of minting, creating two one sided coins? One being the heads side one the tails?

10. CoinBreaux

CoinBreaux Well-Known Member

That has happened only a few times in the history of the US Mint. I think PCGS has authenticated a couple. Most of the double sided coins are magic coins, that are worthless.

11. Red Hardy

Red Hardy New Member

I have a one side stamp quarter other side blank does it have value??

12. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

It would be best if you create your own thread. Chances are your coin is damaged and one side is grounded down.

13. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Did you read what the responses were?
    Pictures needed.
    Value 12 1/2 Cents o_O

Draft saved Draft deleted