Quarter Storage Options - Bulk By Year

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by thedjsavage, Jan 2, 2020.

1. thedjsavage

thedjsavage Senior Member

Hello everyone, it's been quite awhile since I posted last but am finally getting back into the swing of things (life happens). Anyways.. I've been wanting to do this for a while and have lots of quarters that I've picked thru but can't bare to get rid of.. I'd like to have a full roll of each year.. so like a full roll of 1982, 83, 84, etc. Then once I fill up each roll, sort thru them to break out mint marks, etc. My question I suppose is what do you feel would be the best way to store and organize this type of collection? I've looked into round and square plastic tubes (leaning more towards square).. but I'm open to ideas.

Glad to be back and look forward to hearing from everyone.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

I would go with the square tubes. And I would obly keep fully uncirculated pieces.

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm cheap, so I have a lot of round tubes -- but I bought a cardboard crate that's divided to hold rolls on end, so they stay put very nicely.

Wizard Coin Supply is your friend.

Welcome back!

Penna_Boy likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The square tubes are the best for bulk storage, and you can also get boxes that hold 50 rolls. These are heavy-duty paperboard and last forever.
    https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/product/quarter-tube-storage-box-blue.html
    ~ Chris

-jeffB likes this.
  6. -jeffB

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Square tubes sound best for what you describe.

8. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

I use the square tubes for my war nickels - they work great! If you fill up a box with 50 tubes of quarters it will be pretty heavy!

9. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

I've used both - The clear, screw top tubes are better for seeing the contents - you can see how many (more worn coins will fit than uncirculated ones) and what condition (reeded edges are a good indicator of overall wear) coins are inside.
    The square tubes are good for general storage of known coins. The caps can be ID'd with a sharpie marker pen or stick on 3/4" Avery labels.
    https://www.jpscorner.com/collections/marcus-round-coin-tubes
    https://www.jpscorner.com/collections/coinsafe-square-coin-tubes
    https://www.jpscorner.com/collections/boxes-for-coin-tubes-and-rolls

-jeffB likes this.
  10. -jeffB

Around 25 pounds, as I figure it...?

11. -jeffB

Yep. I even bought my round Avery labels from Wizard. :)

juris klavins likes this.
  12. thedjsavage

Thank you all for your help! Yeah I think I'm gonna get the 50 roll box and then get some round and square tubes to test out to see what I like better. I can always use them anyway for other coins not in this project. My plan is to have a full roll of every washington quarter year.. might be crazy hard but just a goal and something to strive for.

13. thedjsavage

**Update**

Happy 2021 everyone! So I ordered 100 round tubes that came in this really nice cardboard box with separated compartments for each tube, as well as several coin books. I've gotten quite a bit towards filling up the tubes with quarters pre 1999 and the post 1999 in books. It's going to take me a while to fill them up even with circulated quarters. I started out with about $500 in quarters and then ended up taking about half of them back (common years/marks past 1999 and ugly coinage) .. I'll post pictures here eventually, but I'm really enjoying it.

Draft saved Draft deleted