Quarter on underweight gold eagle planchet missing clad with platinum core

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Evan Saltis, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I get it. It’s the same reason I don’t post my gift fake Morgan’s here on CT. They are quite meaningful to me, but nothing more than folly in the world of numismatics.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

I'm much the same way myself when it comes to this sort of thing. There are many items in my collection I wouldn't sell due to sentimental reasons like this 1914 $50 FRN. I mean, it's seen prolonged circulation, and the paper quality isn't the best, but it was a Christmas gift from my grandparents back in 2010. That was the year I started collecting paper money, and for me, at the time, this was my idea of a trophy note despite its obvious faults.

1914 $50 FRN Blue Seal 2B New York.jpg
    1914 $50 FRN Blue Seal 2B New York Reverse.jpg

4. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Better than ANY note I have!
    I should post some of mine. I won't make a new thread probably, will just stick it here

5. Bradley Trotter

Well, if you're ever looking for a good place to start collecting Paper Money, I'd recommend starting with 1914 Blue Seal FRN's or pre-1963 small-size issues.

6. Evan Saltis

*Public university*

yeah I have a couple bills I've pulled. My highlight is a 1983 20 dollar star note.

7. Bradley Trotter

I was referring to laundromats and car washes. Public universities, on the other hand, deserve to be treated like a mike cow. I mean, it's the least they could do with the exorbitant cost of tuition.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  8. Evan Saltis

Maybe the rest stop change machines get nice new quarters :hungry:

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice looking bill, especially since I don't have one. You should always treasure that bill being from your grandparents.

Bradley Trotter and Evan Saltis like this.
  10. Bradley Trotter

This is not intended to be a political statement, nor does it signal a preference for any political position or endorsement of any current or former officeholder. Any associations made due to the meme format are purely incidental and convey the lengths some of us will go CRH'ing.

CRH Meme.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Evan Saltis likes this.
  11. Evan Saltis

Pretty much where I'm at. At least here in Orono. My courseload this stacked this semester, I set myself up to have no free time. I have a stack of coins on my desk I haven't even 'processed' yet.

12. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Plated coins have been found in college coin operations from phones and gum machines on up from a beginning college chemistry class. That one deserves a "D" in my class. Jim

Evan Saltis likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted