[CLOSED] Quarter Notes Giveaway #6 (counterstamped quarters)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

12/01/21: This contest is now CLOSED. Winner was announced in Post #31.

Quarter Notes Giveaway #6

This contest will be decided by a random number drawing sometime on or around December 1st, 2021, or whenever I'm available on the forums. I might end it earlier than that, but if so, there will be another identical giveaway posted shortly afterward. Should I be absent, you may consider the contest active until such time as I return and finalize it with the drawing, and then we'll move on to the next one.

The enigmatic “QuarterMaster” from Quarter Notes, Ltd. sent me another surprise package. This time it was a small Priority box. I always open my mystery-mail from Quarter Notes because it’s always interesting and fun.

The QuarterMaster (whose secretive identity remains unknown to me to this day) sent me two rolls of his handiwork this time.

You see, he counterstamps short, pithy phrases- which amount to riddles, sometimes- on Statehood quarters, and releases them into circulation. Often the phrase has something to do with the state featured on the host coin.

[​IMG]

Some folks who end up on his mailing list (who knows how?) get these in the mail. Occasionally with the mind-blowing inclusion of crisp, high-denomination US currency notes. I've been pleasantly shocked to find a new hundred-dollar bill in the envelope a time or two! Others have received fifties. Just once in a while. The Quarter Master knows how to keep things exciting.

This time around, the generous QuarterMaster has instructed me to give away eight lots of ten counterstamped quarters each. This I will do as my schedule permits. We will give these away via random drawing, per my usual practice.

The winners should have fun trying to solve the riddles of the counterstamps.

I will also toss in two trinkets from my own inventory into each lot, and will ship the lots with some vintage (1930s-1950s) stamps, just for added fun.

[​IMG]

So... want in? ;)

Here's all you need to do:

Post a reply including the phrase "entry post", and thank the Quarter Master. You may also discuss your interesting circulation finds, counterstamped coins, etc. here if you like. There is no limit on conversational replies to this thread, but limit one entry post per contestant.

This drawing is for a lot of ten (10) different Statehood quarters with Quarter Notes, Ltd. counterstamps on them. I'll try to include all different designs and/or counterstamps in each lot, if supplies permit, and will add a couple of additional trinkets from my own inventory to each lot.

And if you don't win this drawing, there will be more. There were originally eight lots of ten coins in each, total. So I'll try to do a drawing every once in a while, depending on when I'm active on the forums.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("LordM")

On behalf of the anonymous and enigmatic "Quarter Master" from Quarter Notes, Ltd.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Entry Post (because I'm feelin lucky today!)
    I'm a big fan of the Quartermaster's stuff and he/she/they have my heartfelt thanks for churning out another bunch of interesting counterstamps.

I've yet to find one of these in circulation but I've seen people on several other sites that have and have enjoyed helping them figure out what they mean.

Currently at work (shh) but I will try to pull a couple of my interesting counterstamp CRH finds when I get home :)

Thanks as always to @lordmarcovan for the fun contest as well :)

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

5. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

Entry Post - Quartermaster and Lord Marcovan are a great team and are worthy of all manner of thanks. I add my own thanks for all that you do for this site. Here is a minimalist counterstamped coin I found in a roll, holding on to it in case the artist becomes famous. IMG_6067 (2).JPG

john-charles and lordmarcovan like this.
  6. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

ENTRY POST

I've been enjoying the counterstamp puzzles. At my age anything cerebral is akin to working out. It slows down my brain from atrophy. ;)

Thanks Quarter Master for these fun challenges and mystique. Lord M, deja vu my friend. Thanks for all you do.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Entry Post -- Thank You Quarter Master and @lordmarcovan for putting on this and almost every contest !

lordmarcovan likes this.
  8. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Entry Post
    Another round and great expectation from many ahead. Thanks go to Quarter Master for providing the prizes, and as always a big thankyou to @lordmarcovan for the chance to win something different and special.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry Post: Thank you QuarterMaster and LordM for these contests, and since I won the last contest I'd like to pass along my chance to the next person that posts so that they double their chance of winning.

Stevearino and lordmarcovan like this.
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

ENTRY POST
    Thanks to QuarterMaster and you Rob. Seems QuarterMaster is putting you to work. Do they have a health plan? LOL

Stevearino and lordmarcovan like this.
  11. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

ENTRY POST

And thanks to The Quarter Master and Lord Rob for keeping all this on the rails.

My collection of "signature" counterstamped coins to date . . . . .

Wouldn't it be interesting if The Quarter Master did a "Zoid" themed piece?

Z

Signature cent - obverse.jpg Signature nickel - reverse.jpg Signature penny - obverse smaller.jpg

lordmarcovan and Matthew Kruse like this.
  12. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Entry post.

I say three cheers to the Quartermaster, hip, hip, hurrah! Talk about wit, generosity and merriment! Thank you! And thanks to Lord M for being the agent to deliver all the fun!

Steve

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Entry Post

Thanks!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  14. Numiser

Numiser Well-Known Member

Entry Post:

Thank you Quarter Master and Lordmarcovan, I sure hope you mean the kind you can eat.

getcrabs-rev.jpg

getcrabs-obv.jpg

15. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

entry post thank you to the quartermaster, hopefully i will be lucky enough to win!!

lordmarcovan and SensibleSal66 like this.
  16. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

No thanks.

17. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry Post

Once again, I would like to thank @lordmarcovan and the mysterious QuarterMaster for their continued generosity in putting on these wonderful contests.

Now with that being said, has the QuarterMaster ever sent you any Tennessee or Florida state quarters? I would love to take a crack at his riddles provided you have those states.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. DeanC12

DeanC12 Active Member

Entry Post
    Thanks Quartermaster and Lord Marcovan for this and all the contests you run.

19. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Thank You Quarter Master and @lordmarcovan for supplying the goodies and running the contests.

Showed my only counter stamped Quarter last contest. So no new picture.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. Southern Coin

Southern Coin Member

Entry Post
    Thank you to the Quarter Master and good luck to you all

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. RD302

RD302 Member

Entry Post. Thanks for the invite. Happy Holidays to all.

lordmarcovan and SensibleSal66 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.