Quarter missing t

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jason yarber, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Jason yarber

Jason yarber Member

I have a 2003 Maine quarter missing last t in liberty what kind of error? I'm familiar with the in god we rust quarter

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Coins like this one and those with "RUST" are the result of a grease-filled die. As grease and debris fill the recesses, it is compacted with every strike. Eventually, it fills the letter (or number) completely, causing it to disappear.

It is a very common occurrence and is not worth much except to someone who doesn't understand how often they occur.

Chris

4. Jason yarber

Jason yarber Member

Thank u Chris I've seen the rust quarter sale for over 70 on eBay how come if it's common? Just curious ty

5. cpm9ball

Is that an asking price or a sold price? People can ask anything they want. I've seen listings asking for tens of thousands of dollars for coins that are only worth face value. If you search this site for grease-filled die, you will find thread after thread after thread after thread after thread about them.

Chris

6. Jason yarber

Jason yarber Member

That's the sold for price all u have to do is look on eBay there's one now with bids over 50

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Honestly my friend.. Those prices are ludicrous! Only a fool would pay that much for common Grease Filled Die issue :facepalm:

8. cpm9ball

Do you have a link for it? I haven't had my daily laugh yet.

Chris

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Because they are being bought by people who have no idea what they are buying. They only way they will ever get their money back is through the greater fool theory. That hopefully they will be able to find a greater fool than they were.

Heavymetal and cpm9ball like this.
  10. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Greater Fool Theory. Love it. Etsy here I come!

Draft saved Draft deleted