PVC removal.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bruthajoe, Oct 20, 2020.

1. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

That is the reason you should never use distilled water to clean stainless steel. The lack of electrolytes will pull it from the steel and pit it. Use tap water then spray with Windex and wipe to remove water spots.

Scuba4fun777 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Distilled water can't damage stainless steel unless it's got something else dissolved in it (in which case it isn't really "distilled water" any more), or is under extreme heat and pressure (a lot more than you'd get in a home pressure cooker), or stays in contact with it for years on end -- and in those conditions, any kind of water can be damaging.

Water containing "electrolytes", usually including chloride ion (say, from salt), can definitely corrode stainless steel, especially if it boils down to the point where the salt starts to separate out.

Here's a guide to protecting stainless steel cookware that seems reasonable to me:

https://www.thecookwareadvisor.com/6-stains-on-stainless-steel/

bruthajoe likes this.
  4. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

Another misleading marketing term. My appliances are far from "stain-less" . :wacky:

5. bruthajoe

I request acquittal of all charges made here against pure water in that there was insufficient evidence of bodily injury or damage to property based on the testimonies of the Defense, and request that these charges be expunged based on the lack of evidence presented by the plaintiffs and such parties thereof.

BronzeAge and Penny Luster like this.
  6. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the plot in an old episode of CSI..

bruthajoe likes this.
  7. bruthajoe

Did you have any luck with it?

8. bruthajoe

Can you share the color reversal procedure?[/QUOTE]
    You didn't quote him correctly and he probably never saw your question.

expat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted