Purchased a large untouched collection.. Whats the value of these notes..Bison

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Nycmacman, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

So I recently purchased a very large coin/currency collection that has sat untouched for years. It had a lot of notes, but these appear to be the highlights. I will be sending them to pmg this week and wanted a consensus on what value to declare. I am really not schooled in currency, but I know I will be keeping the buffalo note... ;)

Any opinions are appreciated it. image1 (56).jpeg image2 (52).jpeg image3 (49).jpeg image4 (47).jpeg image5 (39).jpeg image6 (34).jpeg image7 (27).jpeg image8 (21).jpeg image9 (15).jpeg image10 (9).jpeg

Thanks!

Tater, midas1, NOS and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

4. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Beautiful notes - LOVE the Buffalo!!!

Stevearino and Nycmacman like this.
  5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Pretty paper!

Nycmacman likes this.
  6. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Great notes! The 'Bison' should do well; as will most of the others. You've done well and should be proud of your new notes. Let us when you receive the graded notes back from the TPG; I'll be waiting as I know others will also. :cigar::)

7. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Thanks all! It was mostly coins but there were a few of these notes in there and I really like them. Cant afford to pick up another hobby ; )

8. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

If the notes are any indication of the collection of coins, you'll have the envy of many. You have mine with any one of those notes.

Nycmacman likes this.
  9. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Thank you Hommer, Most of the coins were morgan and peace dollars 50% uncirculated 50% circulated. It appears they all came out of federal reserve bags with notes dating back to 1966. There were not many key dates in relation to the coins but unwarping coins that haven't seen daylight in 50 plus years sure had me giddy this weekend.

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Choosing a declared value is up to you.

Let's say your Bison has a value of $4,000, but you bought it at a very good deal, let's say $2,000. When you submit a note to PMG and you give it a declared value, the declared value is used by PMG to determine the amount of insurance to use on its return postage to you. The more you declare, the more it costs for insurance purposes. When you're filling out a PMG submission form, it adds up the cumulative values you've declared and automatically picks the return shipping charges based on your declared value.

11. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Well guys the results are back! Not as high of grades as I expected but the 1902 20 appears to take the top of the population report now which is cool. Could someone provide me a rough value of these guys? Ive searched heritage and ebay so I think I have an idea just wanted to concur with the currency experts Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 11.27.53 AM.png

12. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Nice grade on the Bison note. Greensheet has following:
    VF20 $850 Bid, $925 Ask; XF40 $1850 Bid, $2025 Ask. Well done. As for the others I'll let the experts on values help there as I'm not really qualified.

Draft saved Draft deleted