Prussia 20 Marks

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by MCH91, Apr 18, 2019.

1. MCH91

MCH91 New Member

Good evening all,

I figured I’d ask this question on this forum given CT has more of a world coin base than its CU brethren (maybe NGC but I digress). I’ve got a 1913 20 Mark and was wanting to start collecting Prussia/other 20 marks and was wondering why the greater value is placed on say the 1875 Heinrich XXII vs 1915 Wilhelm II 20 Mark? https://www.ma-shops.com/shops/maCa...0&paymentOPorCC=on&sortby=preis_eur&desc=desc

- Matthew

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

Out of the German states, Prussia is the most common. Any other state besides Prussia will be expensive, especially so in gold. Mintages can also be smaller for other states. For example, the 1915 20 Mark from Prussia has a mintage of 1,268,055 pieces. On the other hand, the Heinrich XXII 20 Mark from Reuss-Obergriez has a mintage of 1,510 pieces. Quite the difference in price!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    MCH91 likes this.
  4. MCH91

MCH91 New Member

Ah thank you! I should have consulted NGC Coin explorer but it can be sparse in data

5. MCH91

MCH91 New Member

I’ve been looking at the German dealers on their websites and most seem legitimate. I probably won’t be getting the $48k Heinrich XXII 20 haha. Any recommendations for absolute rarities vs conditional rarities?

6. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

That’ll have to be answered by someone else. I only know the basics.

MCH91 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted