Proof question Jefferson Nickels

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by David Betts, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

To me, too...the edges of the photos are almost right up against the coin rims...how much more could be cropped and what improvements would it make in the photos...???

Inspector43 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

yes I was told to crop by many valuable Ct er's I did best I could sorry? Potty and Picking schooled me sorry still learning?

John Burgess likes this.
  4. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I appreciate the information that I receive on Coin Talk, and have responded to some of the information that I felt taught me many things about coin collecting.
    NOW: Will someone please give me a step-by-step guide to start an input to get some help for my collecting.
    I'm sorry for not being "on-topic", but I don't know any other way to find out how to start my own topic to get some help for some things that I need help with.
    Thanks to all.

5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

975AAE02-3442-4981-8FB6-0B81FA62CCDE.jpeg 536C7DF7-D4C7-4886-90A9-C02E8EE62D38.jpeg 76D305E4-278B-4BF5-8C6F-9A7AFFB41333.jpeg 1998D. Looks proof to me. I know it’s a D Mint. But it sure looks proof like

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  6. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

No apologies needed to me...I was indicating that you did just fine...you couldn't have done any better...there wasn't any more room to crop...!

David Betts likes this.
  7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Well struck, brand new dies.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  8. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

@Jim Dale, go to the Home Page.

On the blue menu bar at the top of the page, click on "Forums" and select the forum that you want to post to. Take some care with this as you are more likely to get better responses if you post to the forum that is most germane to your topic.

When that forum comes up with the list of topics/threads that have been posted, at the upper right in a blue box is a clickable link called "Post New Thread". Click on that and up will pop your page for your new thread input.

First, put in a Topic in that line. It helps if you can make it as specific as possible. Topics like "Help!" aren't actually very helpful.

Then type in your question or information as text.

If you want to embed photographs, you can place them where you want in the text body by placing the text cursor where you want the photo to go.

At the bottom of the message window are three buttons. One says "Upload a File". Click on that and you can browse to wherever your photo is located. This works best if your photo is located on your own computer's drive. When that photo or photos are loaded (upload them one at a time), you should find a button at the top of the photo list that says "Full Image for All" or something to that effect. Clicking that will embed full-size images of all your photos wherever you designated their placement in your text. Full-size images are much better for your audience than thumbnails.

When you're ready, click "Create Thread".

Draft saved Draft deleted