Proof Like Trade Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by connor1, Jun 7, 2010.

1. connor1

connor1 Collector

Deep Mirror Proof Like Trade Dollar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

I'll trade you a dollar for it. :D

Why the random Barber half?

4. connor1

connor1 Collector

The barber was a photoshop insert ,keeps happening when I post this image .Can't figure it out ?

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

That's okay, I like it.

6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

That Trade Dollar is freaking awesome. I have seen a couple of PL trade dollars over the past few months, but never a DMPL. I wonder what NGC would call it, as they are generally more strict than ANACS.

If you don't mind me asking, when and where, and how much did you get that beauty for? Send me a PM if you don't want to answer here.

7. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

Nice PL Trade Dollar! None are common in PL, although the 77-S is probably the "easiest" to find; PL examples can also be found for 78-s,74-s,77-P,73-cc,75-p, and 78-cc.

This is the closest one I have to PL, but I don't think it quite makes it. Still nice to look at.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. connor1

connor1 Collector

Very nice PL ,how can you estimate a DMPL (ANACS) when their pop report says it is 1 of 1 in DMPL & the other (NGC/PCGS ) don't list them or the price guides don't list DMPL ?

9. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

"Very nice PL ,how can you estimate a DMPL (ANACS) when their pop report says it is 1 of 1 in DMPL & the other (NGC/PCGS ) don't list them or the price guides don't list DMPL ?"

If you are asking how to place a value on your coin, I have no idea.

10. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Heritage is generally a great place to look, although neither of the examples shown here appear in their archives. NGC certified PL's are the best, most highly regard, and garner the best price. No DPL's have crossed Heritage's auction block, so the value is incredibly hard to determine. Their listings for PL Trade dollars are here: http://coins.ha.com/common/search_r...rooflike&Ntk=SI_Titles&N=51+790+231+381&Nty=1

If I were bidding on your coin in an open auction, I would set my price at about $1000, but would be willing to go to $1500. I would not be surprised if it hammered with juice for $1800.

11. connor1

connor1 Collector

Thanks Physics Fan that's incredible bought 7 or 8 years ago & still looking for another ,without any luck,DMPLs Trade Dollars don't come up often,if ever ,only one I've seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted